Rominator v2008.1

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by JPH, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008

Rominator v2008.1 by JPH at 10:19 PM (4,109 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. JPH
    OP

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    [​IMG] Rominator v2008.1
    ROM Manager Software
    [​IMG]
    GBAtemp member hankchill has released a new version of his ROM manager software, Rominator.
    Rominator is available on Windows and Mac OS X - downloads and changelog below.

[​IMG] Download for Windows, Mac OS X

2. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The IMG tag is borked >.<

Also you might want to mention that Rominator 200 is a major release with a much bigger changelog [​IMG]

3. blu9987

Member blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks the app is pretty good.

Though its kinda shady making us pay to unlock a homebrew program...

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    It's good enough to donate.

5. Salamantis

Canada
    It only unlocks the DS Game Catalog and Rom Statistics, 2 features you can live without. And I think you can spare a dollar lying in your pocket or somewhere in your room to get those features. Remember, this app took days to make, for a dollar I think it's worth it.

6. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    If I remeber correctly HankChill needs tha money anyway, so help him out. UNfotunately I don't really get what rominator does so I don't need it.

7. blu9987

Member blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I may donate the dollar regardless, i'm just saying I never expected to have pay for homebrew (regardless of which features get unlocked)

8. Salamantis

Canada
    All donations go to covering server costs for Rominator's hosting.

9. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Seems nice, I like the new GUI [​IMG]
    The "Add List" was confusing, it looked more like "Acekard 2 or other flashcart?" than "PC or DS?"

10. Nomearod

Member Nomearod GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    A linux version would be awsome [​IMG]

11. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    He stated specifically in the thread why there isn't one.

12. dawn.wan

Member dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    very nice hankchill, keep up the good work... don't use it but hell any1 doing anything for DS is nothing but positive!

13. beautifulbeast

Member beautifulbeast GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I missed that part. Why isn't there a Linux version? It would be awesome if he could collaborate with some Linux programmers and fork the project or something.

14. Emiya Shiro

Newcomer Emiya Shiro Newbie

Poland
    That's an useful software ^^ i just wanted to ask with which roms i can use it (which consoles) and are there any other software like this on Internet [​IMG] Which one is the best if there is any other [​IMG] (I'm asking because i have PSP and PS2 too and i want some software like this to menage my roms)

15. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    I wanted to open rominator for windows and had an error, too bad this could be nice app
    [​IMG]

16. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    For those who asked:
    And why isn't there a link to the thread in this news post?

17. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    So you're saying it's shady to pay to unlock shareware applications? They're all considered 'Homebrew'. Rominator has been in development for over a year and a half, yes I made it, and yes if you want the extra functionality, all I ask for is a small donation. Eventually the functionality will expand and I will have many features available to registered users. There is nothing wrong with wanting to market an application.

18. Leah

Newcomer Leah Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I never liked this prog, for a renamer/ROM organiser it has always been to memory hungry and slow, I prefer stuff more like GOODTools,NSRT or even ClrMAME Pro.
    I don't know if this version does, but others wouldnt even let you keep all the stuff in the folder you chose, it inserted itself into the "Documents and Settings" forlder, really annoying!
    I have donated to a few people who have made great freeware software/websites, but never anything that has tried to force people to do it, by offering something extra, I think stuff isnt what the homebrew scene is about really, not just DS stuff OpenTTD for example, even though that has a DS port too [​IMG], also the donate button was one of the first things put into the program, before it was even working properly! Pretty lame and its not for hosting as there are plenty of places to host software and even a little website for free.
    One thing I dont know (Can someone let me know plz!!), I remeber someone in R4 forums (Long time ago it seems!) asking Mr. HankChill if they could edit his list to add/remove something, cant remeber exactly, but he said nooooo, probably for same reason he didn't use a DAT (Thats what I was wondering, if he still isnt using a DAT), because if he did use it, Rominator would be nothing to pay for, personally, I still think its nothing worth paying/donating for, but dont let me stop you paying for him to host this /sarcasm on 'GREEEEEEEEEAT' /sarcasm off software.

19. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    EDIT: I think my response was a little harsh, and I did not want to sink down to your level.

Just because you cannot appreciate Rominator as much as others, doesn't give you a right to bash it, or myself. You are someone who has basically no reputation here whereas everyone can stand behind me in defense of your negative comments. You have no idea what's involved for developing software, or even hosting it. I don't need to explain myself to you because I don't think I need to rationalize my actions towards someone as pitiful as yourself.

Take your negativity and get lost, really it's not welcome here. If you're here to start flaming, I've got no problems reporting you to the moderators.

20. BakuFunn

Member BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Awesome new interface, but i couldn't find some functions [​IMG]
    (only cause im the type of guy who doesn't read those manual things!)