Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
mascot.gif
Rominator 2008.4 Released
An update to the ultimate ROM manager

Hankchill has updated his popular ROM manager, Rominator, and it's now better than ever!

[+] Addition of a brand new feature called Save Defender, which allows you to run automated backups of your save files on your flash card, and restore from any backup point. *Only available to registered users
[FIX] Fixed the displaying of Zip games' icons
[FIX] Save file gets renamed too if renaming a game on your flash card
[FIX] Will no longer crash when reading flash cards with firmware files (e.g. _DS_MSHL.NDS)
[FIX] The Toolbar in Windows now behaves properly when you double-click a game to view it's saves, or drag games to your flash card
[FIX] Found a workaround that will allow the toolbar to automatically be visible in Windows if it was opened when you close Rominator
[+/-] Added missing OS's to Personalize section of the settings, and removed unsupported OS's
[FIX] Zip files create temporary folders for extracting when identifying/flashing -- These temporary files are now deleted properly
[+] Rominator now auto-selects the last save that has been backed up, whether it be a manual backup or when deleting a game and backing up the save
[+/-] Data will need to be migrated over to User/Library/Preferences [Mac OS X] / Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data [Windows]. Rominator will do this for you if you do not. You might see errors if you do not migrate, it is normal.

Rominator is available both on both Mac and Windows, download it below.

download.gif
Download Rominator for Mac OS X
download.gif
Download Rominator for Windows
icon11.gif
Discussion thread for Rominator 2008

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I guess Rominator has moved up the ranks from being posted in Homebrew, to being posted in the GBAtemp official news.

blush.gif
What an honor!
grog.gif
for all!

I couldn't have come this far in Rominator without the support from all of our fellow tempers. Thanks to everyone who appreciates my work! I still think it's amazing how far this has actually come from almost a year and a half ago when I released the first version just as a concept idea. (Not to mention, an entry in the 'How much do you love GBAtemp? contest
tongue.gif
)

Even though my wife made me sell my DS Lite because of the cost of my new computer, I will still continue to support and develop Rominator and soon enough she will let me buy a new DS Lite when the debts are paid back a little
happy.gif

--Henry

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have each of my DS ROMs seperated into their own unique folders, as a suggestion could it be possible for rominator to read subdirectories to find ROMs?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowXP said:
i have each of my DS ROMs seperated into their own unique folders, as a suggestion could it be possible for rominator to read subdirectories to find ROMs?

I already does
wink.gif

When you make a new game list, set the game folder as the 'master' directory, and then in that list hit the Refresh button. It will scan up to 5 directories deep and catch all your games.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
It isn't homebrew though.

It seems more fit to have it in this forum, than GBAtemp & Scene news.
It doesn't belong in that forum, but neither does it belong in this one.
Either way, it doesn't matter...get back to work! *brandishes whip*

SimpleSimon08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read me says "For Windows Users: Place the 'Rominator Data' folder inside C:\Documents and Settings\~Username\Application Data\" but what about Vista users, I tried c:\users\~username\Apps but no joy. Rominator then asks if import confirm but still nothing?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
SimpleSimon08 said:
Read me says "For Windows Users: Place the 'Rominator Data' folder inside C:\Documents and Settings\~Username\Application Data\" but what about Vista users, I tried c:\users\~username\Apps but no joy. Rominator then asks if import confirm but still nothing?

I don't know where the Application Data folder is in Vista, all you can do is put Rominator in the same location as Rominator Data and run it -- It'll migrate the data for you to the proper folder.

Again, this was all communicated in the zip you downloaded in the important read me, so I shouldn't have to repeat myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a