.romfs to .3ds or .romfs to .cia?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by umbrellaman, Apr 25, 2016.

1. umbrellaman
    OP

umbrellaman Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2016
    Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm trying to mod Smash3DS and was having some trouble getting everything to work.

I braindumped my Smash3DS Cartridge with braindump, and I got a .cxi file.
    I then used extract_romfs to extract the files from the game, which I added some custom music to.
    I then rebuilt the files using RomFS Builder, which gave me a .romfs file.
    I went to launch the game using HANS after putting it in the correct folder, and the game then says that it's unable to find the latest data for super smash bros for nintendo 3ds and to go to the eshop to get the latest update, which I already have.

I was wondering if there was an easy fix for this, or If I would be able to convert my .romfs file to a .3ds file, then to a .cia file. Or If I could convert my .romfs file to a .cia file.

For reference, here is the tutorial I followed: https://5b8156bf1141a6c06209b67c2edb4f39f4056e93.googledrive.com/host/0B4kbPEFlGXXIZ1pGLVl6T0Qzb2s/

Thank you in advance!
    O3ds, sysNAND on 9.2, emuNand on 10.7

Last edited by umbrellaman, Apr 25, 2016
  2. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Use makerom.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or alternatively use Asia81's packhack that's found here

3. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    You can't simply convert your .romfs to .3ds or .cia, you need to have the exheader and exefs too, and last I checked the exheader in the CXI that braindump spits out isn't even correct or complete.