"Romfs path (INVALID)" Trying to get Pokemon Neo Y with Hans

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Strukken, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Strukken
    OP

Strukken Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Canada
    I'm trying to get Pokemon Neo Y with Hans but everytime I put Romfs --> SD to Yes. I get "Romfs path (INVALID)" each time I try I keep on getting that same error. Any fixes?

2. darklordrs

darklordrs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2015
    United States
    It should give you a filepath- root, then a folder named hans, then a file with a specific title code in the form of a .romfs. I'm not sure of Y\Neo Y's, but for example, Smash 4 requests the file be sd:/hans/000edf00.romfs

Last edited by darklordrs, Nov 5, 2015
  3. RunningHamster

RunningHamster Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2015
    next to ur window
    Dude, i was getting the same eroor, for Neo Y too. I goofed up and forgot to cut the first 0x0FF0 (0x1000) lines in HxD.
    JUST GO TO THIS WEBSITE FOR A REALLY GOOD TUTORIAL.
    http://wololo.net/2015/10/28/tutorial-hack-pack-3ds-rom-use-hans/

4. RawrImmaHacker

RawrImmaHacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2013
    United States
    Same thing happened to me, https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip download smea's updated starter kit. When you go into HANs it should allow you to choose the game, just update replace all files with the updated pack. Go back to HANs and it should allow you to load up "said game"

5. Harvest God

Harvest God Er a pixel artist?

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    what exactly are you doing @_@? Did you extract Pokemon Y's romfs and replace it's files w/ Pokemon Neo Y?

6. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Dump your game with braindump, extract it via romfs extractor (as admin). The romfs_ folder is created. Delete the '_' from the folder. Put the neo x/y romfs in the romfs folder from your dump and overwrite anything. Start the romfs builder as admin and in the end. Type the titleid on it and .romfs. (example: 0078D900.romfs) after this, start the app HxD and open the *.romfs data that you create. Press Ctrl+e and type on the end offset line "FFF" and delete it. Save it and put it on ms0:/Hans.

On the Hans app change the JAP region to "---" and change "romfs -> SD" to OK and start it. If it doesn't work, dump your pokemon x/y game again

Last edited by Justin20020, Nov 5, 2015
  7. ringo1206

ringo1206 Banned

Banned
    Oct 14, 2015
    United States
    I think I know what you are doing wrong. You are just putting the Neo Y romfs on your sd card. What you have to do is use braindump to dump out romfs.bin from your cartridge / eShop version, unpack it, and then combine it with the Neo Y folder you downloaded. Repack the new romfs folder and place it on your SD:/Hans folder. (with the correct name of course)

Happy Rom Hacking!

8. Strukken
    OP

Strukken Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Canada
    I got the problem fixed
    Thanks for helping :)
    I just made a mistake
    I named it the wrong thing, I forgot to add a 0 to it and also put the .bak file in that HxD makes.

Last edited by Strukken, Nov 6, 2015
    Justin20020 likes this.