HyoImowano

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would like to trim my ROMs, but I do ALOT of download play (most of my friends don't have flash carts, but I've flashed all their firmwares) so I was wondering if there is a specific one anyone would recommend for keeping download play intact, or if it really matters. Thanks!

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IF you have an R4, the installation disk should include a ROM Trimmer. And trimming ROMs do not remove any aspect of the game, but get rid of some dummy memory. Every game is made so that they are either 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128 megabytes big. They are not exactly that size, and the ROM trimmers just shave off that extra memory.

HyoImowano

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I DO have an R4, and I saw the standard ROM trimmer that came with it, but I remember that trimming some ROMs on my M3 Perfect would break download play, which is why I ask.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDSTokyoTrim leaves wifi intact.

Use that. It's the most updated at this point and works well. You can do batches of ROMs, not just one at a time. It detects WiFi data and will leave all that data intact. It can trim ROMs from within zips and rar's too. The dude that makes it (DSTrimmer here on the forums) is planning even more features in future updates.

I've been using it since the R4 team fixed download play.....it has only gotten better with updates. I highly recommend NDSTokyoTrim. It hasn't failed me yet.

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try this;

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=59580

My GUI also does batch-trimming but also gives you the source code in Visual Basic .NET so that it is clear enough to reproduce in your own apps.

It's nowhere near as featured as NDSTokyoTrim but it is a clean, quick, second-generation method with fully-commented basic source code.

Go on - give it a go and slap a shortcut in your SendTo menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs