rom stuck in memory

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by sdcheekz, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007

rom stuck in memory by sdcheekz at 12:43 AM (1,410 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. sdcheekz
    OP

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    im new to using the ez flash v 3 in 1 . i used nds station to change gba into nds and it seems to work. i tried a rom and it booted and works fine however whenever i try to change roms everything seems to be ok but then it boots the first rom i flashed to the 3 in 1. i cannot get it to load any other roms. any ideas of what i am doing wrong?

2. apb407

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    wow i didnt even know that ez 5 3 in 1 could play nds games....... either way i dont know how to help you because i think the same thing happend to me but i put in ds organize and now i cannot use the nor at all.

3. sdcheekz
    OP

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    is there some kind of app i can use to clean a rom off of the ez flash?

4. JacobReaper

Member JacobReaper I Love You....

United States
    are you using soft reset when you start playing another game? or turning off then on again

5. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Did you use NDStation 1.1? If so then did you select it to run off of PSRAM? If so the game needs to be under 16MB to run in PSRAM mode.

A more simple method is use GBATA to patch the SRAM then used Rodulphs (sp?) 3in1 tool to load the .gba file into PSRAM, this way has been working great for me and my R4 so far, even the saves are doing fine this way.

A side note if using GBATA, if you load a gba file and the SRAM is already shadded then it means the file is doesn't need patching and uses a correct SRAM saving method.

6. sdcheekz
    OP

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    thanks. i have been just turning off and on. how do you soft reset?

7. JacobReaper

United States
    so the .nds can still save/play if it is over 16 mb? cause fire emblem and minish cap is over 16 mb for me.. [​IMG]

8. sdcheekz
    OP

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    my backup of minish cap is 16.00 i just wish i could figure out how to get it to save. i load it with the rudolphs tool and didnt patch it with gbata because patch wasnt highlighted. just says save file is corrupt. unable to save.

9. sdcheekz
    OP

Newcomer sdcheekz Member

United States
    i also just tried using nds station 1.1 to convert a 32mb rom to .nds. it works and saves fine.

10. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It might be failing with gbata and 3in1 loader if the save is over 1024kb (SRAM which is for saves is only 512kb), i believe that if it is over 1024kb you patch it with EZ4 client then play with 3in1 loader (but load the rom in NOR memory).

If its not that then it might need a IPS patch.

With NDStation it patches each rom with a loader, this is why it changes to file from .gba to .nds, its so the flash cart can now see it to be used faster. It is just takes out a step of opening a loader (gbaldr, 3in1loader) and then looking for a game to run.

Chuckstudios says around the 20th of Aug that he will release version NDStation 1.2, i'm holding till this one cause i hear you can get white lines and graphical glitches on some games due to the caching method.

11. JacobReaper

United States
    ugh, 1.2 hurry up, [​IMG]