ROM Hack ROM Re-Encrypting - Can it be done, and if so, how?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,256
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted User

OP
I've swapped around some bcmdl models in Cubic Ninja, rebuilt the RomFS, and then repacked the entire game using that modded RomFS. But when I go to install it using Title Manager, and then open it, the screen goes blank for a second and then says an error has occured.
I don't know whether it's because the .3DS rom wasn't encrypted when I converted it to .CIA, whether I needed xorpads when converting it, or whether it's because I'm using Dev Mode and not a CFW.
Therefore I'm thinking that the rom might need re-encrypting before I go ahead and convert it. Does anyone think that's the case? If so, can someone send a link to a rom re-encryptor?

Much appreciated! :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you use rxTool to decrypt the ROM, instead of writing the decrypted file directly to SD, generate the XOR pad.
use XORer tools to decrypt or recrypt using that XOR mask file.

if the issue is the RomFS encryption, then I can't help.
Nagato could maybe help you, as he released a patch for Labyrinth no Kanata where he re-encrypted all the ROM and generated a patch with only the differences (small patch, no data were shifted in the ROM, only replaced).

D

Deleted User

OP
I've actually worked it out!
What you have to do is use the 3DS to CIA converter 4.1 to unpack/repack the decrypted rom for editing! (I can't believe that I didn't see that feature until now! :cry:)
This goes to show that it's probably not the best idea to use pack hack, after all...

BTW, the repacked Cubic Ninja rom is now confirmed working, but the model swap hasn't worked (returns back to the home menu with an error), probably due to missing or invalid assets. (working round the clock to fix this at the moment; could possibly start with text hacks)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are signitures as well, we do not have the keys for thoses.
I suppose you don't need the private key if the signature is only in the header, it doesn't encrypt the full ROM but only verify you didn't alter it.
if the user want to play hacked ROMs, it's likely that he has signature check patched out.

D

Deleted User

OP
You and your fancy Unicode.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ - ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡ ͡° ͡° ʖ ͡° ͡°)
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ) [ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)
( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

And that, my friend, is how you UNICODE!

Reactions: kontrolaltdelete

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ - ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) ( ͡ ͡° ͡° ʖ ͡° ͡°)
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °) (ʖ ͜° ͜ʖ) [ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°]
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o) { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)
( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° ) ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

And that, my friend, is how you UNICODE!
Ḩ͍͕̪̲͍͕͉̭̭͎̝ͪͤ̇̑ͣͬ̇ͮ͊̈́̌̃̋̓̋ͣ͘͢͢ŏ̵̢͖̹̭̬̞͍͔̪̙͉̖͉̼͛̓ͯ̕͘ͅẃ̃̃̅̌̏ͨͬ̆̾͌̃̽̾҉͏̶̵̗̞͕̻͔̗̠̗͔͙̤̜̖͖͝ ̘͚̘͙͉̞̱͈̞̙̟̟̜̳̫͕͚̳͉̋̈̀͒ͩ̆́͞a͖̭͙̪͙͕̳̼̺͉̞̖̰̱͎̥̽̑͗̅̅̓̒͊ͧ̍͂ͮ͊̓̚̕b̸̡̘̦̥͇͓͈̪͍̺͌̓́̍́̇̊ͫͫͬͫͩ͐ͦ̌͆̈̀̽́ǫ̝̻̫̞̬̪̣̻ͬ̆̑̀͌ͪ̑ͨͥ́ṵ̸͓̦̫̏̇̽̉͊̿ͤ̎̈̆ͭ̓͌̆͆̂̈́ͭ̇̀͞t̵̝̬͖͚̩̭̙̘̲ͣͬ͛͊̂ͭ͗͊̎ͪͬͪͅ ̵͚̥̹̩͈̙̖̳͓̞͓̙̤̰͗͗ͤ͒ͦ̀͠͡t̴͖̬̹̻͕͋̾͐͐̚͡͠h̷̴̰͚͙͇͓̰͎̮̯̺̩͚̫͇͛͒̅ͤ̂ͣ̒͠į̛̭̙͕̠̒̅̅ͦͮ́ͦͤ̓̒̿͂̔͗̚̕͡s͖̠̽̈ͮ̄ͥ̑͋̂ͯ̆̾ͫ͡ͅ?̂̔̉ͩͦ̂͆ͪ͑͒҉̸͢͞͏̹̻̟͔̭̼̦̯̲͙͚̭̬̬͖

D

Deleted User

OP
Ḩ͍͕̪̲͍͕͉̭̭͎̝ͪͤ̇̑ͣͬ̇ͮ͊̈́̌̃̋̓̋ͣ͘͢͢ŏ̵̢͖̹̭̬̞͍͔̪̙͉̖͉̼͛̓ͯ̕͘ͅẃ̃̃̅̌̏ͨͬ̆̾͌̃̽̾҉͏̶̵̗̞͕̻͔̗̠̗͔͙̤̜̖͖͝ ̘͚̘͙͉̞̱͈̞̙̟̟̜̳̫͕͚̳͉̋̈̀͒ͩ̆́͞a͖̭͙̪͙͕̳̼̺͉̞̖̰̱͎̥̽̑͗̅̅̓̒͊ͧ̍͂ͮ͊̓̚̕b̸̡̘̦̥͇͓͈̪͍̺͌̓́̍́̇̊ͫͫͬͫͩ͐ͦ̌͆̈̀̽́ǫ̝̻̫̞̬̪̣̻ͬ̆̑̀͌ͪ̑ͨͥ́ṵ̸͓̦̫̏̇̽̉͊̿ͤ̎̈̆ͭ̓͌̆͆̂̈́ͭ̇̀͞t̵̝̬͖͚̩̭̙̘̲ͣͬ͛͊̂ͭ͗͊̎ͪͬͪͅ ̵͚̥̹̩͈̙̖̳͓̞͓̙̤̰͗͗ͤ͒ͦ̀͠͡t̴͖̬̹̻͕͋̾͐͐̚͡͠h̷̴̰͚͙͇͓̰͎̮̯̺̩͚̫͇͛͒̅ͤ̂ͣ̒͠į̛̭̙͕̠̒̅̅ͦͮ́ͦͤ̓̒̿͂̔͗̚̕͡s͖̠̽̈ͮ̄ͥ̑͋̂ͯ̆̾ͫ͡ͅ?̂̔̉ͩͦ̂͆ͪ͑͒҉̸͢͞͏̹̻̟͔̭̼̦̯̲͙͚̭̬̬͖
...Vertical writing?!

D

Deleted User

OP
Zalgo, basically using a Unicode feature of stacking ascents to make weird characters.
I would do some ASCII Art on here, but I dunno what devices people are using to see this page... >< ͜ ͜><

to be honest, though, I'm just in it for the smiley mouth!
͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜ ͜

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: