LBC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I hope this is the right topic area for this question. I did a couple of searches but didn't see anything come up. I've got an Acekard2i and Im able to run a particular ROM fine (have gotten as far as the first save point in the game). However a friend of mine has the exact same ROM (in fact I got it from them) but they are not able to run it on their DSTT card. What could be the issue? Homebrew? Loader? They can play other ROM's fine... just not this one. I thought maybe their file was corrupted but then I realized that I copied the rom straight from their SD card to mine, so that can't be the case.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely the wrong place for you to ask a question like this (belongs in the DSTT section more than it does here), but to answer you question anyways:

The acekard2i has probably been updated, whether with the official firmware or AKAIO and knows how to handle the anti piracy (if any) in that particular rom whereas the DSTT that your friend has probably hasn't had its files updated recently with the latest files. To get said latest files for the DSTT, you can visit this thread:
http://gbatemp.net/t218024-updated-ysmenu-...dat-infolib-dat

That said, I insist upon reading the first page or telling your friend to closely read it, because the rules about that particular thread are very strict and failure to listen to said rules could end up delaying other fixes for other games.

Just incase your friend doesn't know where these files go, they are placed in the TTMenu folder and then your friend's DSTT should be able to play the rom just fine (provided it has been fixed already).

LBC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much both of you! The ROM is Mario & Luigi - Bowsers Inside Story. I'll defiitely check out that link, and read that first page very carefully. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1