RoM-Jacket emulation tool

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this looks like a very cool thing, but how do this integrates with steam? i am a bit concerned about safety :/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ooh, HyperSpin support. I found that to be a pain in the ass to set up and never got it to work with anything other than MAME which it was pretty much already configured for. This could be exactly what i need to make other things work :D

sudopinion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
romjacket.mudlord.info
XP
Country
United States
Well, Kodi support has been added. RoM-Jacket will continue to distribute the last version compatible with Windows XP, but if you have Kodi it will be detected & RCB/ADVL will be configured.

I've also been implementing a hash-based integrity checking system to help facilitate repository updates and help users who have interrupted or incomplete downloads.

Archive handling has been improved: Users who have their ROMs compressed individually now have some options on if/how to extract and jacketize them.

In addition to the supported systems compatible with MESS, a host of other systems (60 or so) can now be automatically configured.
Users who configure a MESS system which has multiple media types (tapes/carts/disks etc...) can allow RoM-Jacket to determine the media type.

A Mirror+ option has been added to the Frontend section which will convert box-art into icons for their mirrors (.lnk shortcuts). These are large (Vista) icons and look great in Windows Explorer.

Savestate/battery/memcard saves can be linked into the cloud (GoogleDrive, OneDrive and Dropbox) for backup and multi-computer gaming.

Many more options have been added for emulators and a "default-settings" option has been added in the jacketizing wizard to bypass these options in order to quickly setup any system.

Motioninjoy has been removed from the Drivers section.

WINE support has been enhanced.

retroArch core updater/downloader.
improved emulator downloading
bios-detection and installation improvements
Advanced Launcher scraped art conversion options enhanced
new website!

Lots more too, but that should bring some users up to speed.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Fixed your formatting. Next time if you're going to paste something from another source, please paste as plain text (with CTRL+Shift+V for Firefox/Chrome) to avoid any future formatting problems, or if you're not using either browser paste your text into the rich text editor instead of the BBC editor (hit the A in the top right corner of the post box) so it doesn't automatically apply. This helps prevent issues with users who use either the dark theme or the light theme.

sudopinion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
romjacket.mudlord.info
XP
Country
United States
So... I guess my question is are emulators included with this as plugins, or does this work alongside other emulators?
RoM-Jacket downloads the emulators as needed from several repositories using aria2c for redundancy, to lighten the load and in many cases speed up transfers. These emulators are pretty bleeding edge (ususally emucr builds) but it's often whichever "works best" in many cases.
You can also download and install all the default-emulators simultaniously using the link for your computer's architecture on this page.
Other emulators can be assigned to systems & ROMs using a wizard, however only currently supported systems & emulators are auto-configured.
This page has a list of currently supported emulators. (under applications)

Last edited by sudopinion,

robertjoseph1976

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little late to the party! Is there a way to create xml files that can be used in the internet archive rom launcher's dat files folder? Would be nice to create some collections. Thank you

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
A little late to the party! Is there a way to create xml files that can be used in the internet archive rom launcher's dat files folder? Would be nice to create some collections. Thank you
Looks like the OP hasn't made a post in like a year now, I don't think you're getting an answer to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?