Homebrew Rom hacks not working on snemulDS...

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got two hacks from this topic and the hacks were zelda parallel worlds and super demo world. When I put them on my UFPEX Flash card and use SnemulDS the rom shows up but doesn't load. AT ALL! What's the problem? Anyone help me please?
unsure.gif

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know super demo world will not work because the ROM size is too large, because a normal snes catridge was never meant to be that big, and only if the emulator is updated will it work; Also i learned most Rom hacks will not work on snemulds... i guess we have to wait till it is updated

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've never messed with Super Demo World but I do have Parallel Worlds working in SNemulDS.

Hmm, you might want to try getting a different ROM and a different patch? Because if it isn't working in ZSNES or SNES 9x than there has to be something wrong with either of them.

I got my copy already patched so you might want to look for something like that. By the way, doesn't Parallel Worlds use a weird patcher or is it IPS?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1)IPS Patch the actual ROM (Make sure the original is good)
2)Make sure it works on other emulators, try snes9x and zsnes
3)If that all works, THEN try SNEmulDS

NiGHtS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turns out there was a bad checksum with LoZ:PW, so I got a new one patched and voila! And after some research I found that demo world doesn't work
frown.gif
Something about rom size etc...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when you look on the actual rom hack page you will note that it says that Demo World you need to use a program called "Lunar Expand" because that's how huge the file it is, it ends up way bigger than the original file (48mbits), so unless there's a way to get SNEmulDS to read larger ROMs, you can't play it.

Make sure you use the final version (Marked with a [!]) when you are patching.

D

Deleted User

Eternal Myst said:
Thax said:
Turns out there was a bad checksum with LoZ:PW, so I got a new one patched and voila! And after some research I found that demo world doesn't work
frown.gif
Something about rom size etc...
Hello?
Thax?
What version did you use.I can't get it to work either.
What did you do.
'Twas probably an error in patching, don't worry about it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.