ROM Hacking Tools & Strongvault Online Backup

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by TyBlood13, Jun 16, 2013.

1. TyBlood13
    OP

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I downloaded some ROM editing tools from filetrip, here, and when I run the program, it tries to install Strongvault Online Backup, which I know is a virus. Last time it got installed on my computer, it made my computer not turn on and I had to use my warranty to fix this.

Are these programs supposed to be there? I really hope not. Also, anyway to stop the install from attempting to install permanently (I can cancel the install and still use the real program).

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Are you sure you're choosing "manual download" from filetrip?

3. TyBlood13
    OP

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I'm quite sure.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Screenshot what you're running?

5. TyBlood13
    OP

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I give up. I started the program to take the screenshot, and it started, but I had a brain fart and forgot how to take a screencap. Then, when I remembered how to do it, the real program started immediately, and I didn't change anything. So all I have is a shot of the files from the manual download.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    For what it is worth I just checked it out and it worked fine. I have seen pokemon hacking tools laced with things in the past though so by all means report something if it turns out to be the case.

TyBlood13 likes this.
  7. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    Can never be to careful with files you download now days, I usually run mine in sandboxie to test them.