ROM Hack [ROM Hack] Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: Black and White (EUR)

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snmh4ucy.png

Project: Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: Black and White (German: Schwarz-Weiss)
(Made by @Traiver and @Equin0xxx )
Google Docs progress list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10OxEPefMmhtrgCChDUtDl_PqdBryRbSUDV_Q2obk_lU/edit?usp=sharing

Project started: 08-13-15
Project release: Until November
Custom Serial: CTR-P-ASBW (can be found as download - later)

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: Black and White is a ROM hack of Pokémon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS family and is playable with some CFW's and Gateway 3DS. It will be the first fully Pokémon based 3DS ROM hack! The main purpose is to create every single Pokémon (721) as black and white spirits and models for a lovely new experience. I'll not change the story of the game BUT there comes something more which I do not disclose...

Pokémon Changes:

-
every Pokémon will looks like black and white versions of their current version
- shiny Pokémon get some lovely look
- rarity of shiny Pokémon will become more common (It will not as hard to find them as in the normal game)
- there will be some special changes on legendary Pokémon

Protagonist Changes:

-
Brendan and May will get some fitted looks
- All gym leaders, too...

Wild Pokémon Changes:

- more soon...

Item Changes:

- there will be some unique items for legendary Pokémon, more soon...

Evolution Changes:

- more soon...

Other Changes:

-
title screen, banner and icons (I need some help with it for more lovely looking fonts)

First Title Screen:

Notes:

- If you have more ideas, please let me know. Any idea for a ROM hack is welcomed!
- Help needed: Icon, banner and title screen edit for every language (kor, jap, es, it, en, de, fr)

Special Thanks:

-Kaphotics
-Reikaku
-Asia81
-SciresM

ATTENTION FOR MY PHOENIX WRIGHT PROJECT: I have postponed my project. It will be continuing after this project! Thanks for understanding.

Good luck with the project...but I don't think you'll be able to do what you want with the shiny rate. That'd require editing DllBattle.cro (Maybe a different one, I actually have no idea other than "it's in a cro"), I believe, and CROs are rsa-signed...so you can't really edit them.

Last edited by SciresM,

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks SciresM! So.. the DllBattle.cro can't be decrypted by C# because we dont have the sign's private key? Damn, I hate those cryptography.. xD

Equin0xxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you guys wish to see the whole progress, tell me and I will upload a screenshot of every finished Pokémon, I made. But I suggest you to wait for the finished product - it's more of a suprise, if you don't know all changes made, before playing ;). If you have any special wishes in terms of the designs of the Pkmn, let me know - eventually some of your influences will make it into the game.

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you guys wish to see the whole progress, tell me and I will upload a screenshot of every finished Pokémon, I made. But I suggest you to wait for the finished product - it's more of a suprise, if you don't know all changes made, before playing ;). If you have any special wishes in terms of the designs of the Pkmn, let me know - eventually some of your influences will make it into the game.
same, i can make a trailer for it with my leet video editing skills and muh cap card to hype it up for wider audiences

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nice.
Most other hack just focus on make the game harder instead of acually change the game.
This, this is acually more interesting than most other hack I had seen.

Reactions: KashiToxicBlood

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Venusaur will gets some special looking design what I'm talking about like every Pokémon will get. (only focus on the leaves, the body is not done yet) And don't focus on the pixels, you can't see them later in game.

What are your thoughts?

pmwln8nt.jpg

Reactions: XRaidersP

KT1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Körper ok aber die blätter finde ich ein bisschen zu bunt

(gelb kann vllt in orange umwandeln)

The body is OK but the leaves are too colorful.

Replace the yellow with orange.

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: In English, please.

KT1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Blüte jetzt besser nice
die alte vision aber sein "tattoo" kann mit den haut farbe des neue Vision combiert werden

The flower looks better now
The face markings on the old version can be combined with the skin color of the new model.

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: In English, please.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of to make an extra model/texture only version for playing with your "private header" online. And a second version with all features. What do you think?

-New screens added, see first page.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New changes: Effect changed to reserved, as a example: "Fighting attacking Flying is super effective"

- All effects are reserved
- There is no more "Has no effect"

Thanks @Kaphotics for making this possible.

Traiver

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not done, yet :) There will be much more black and white pokemon BUT every pokemon came with special textures like charizard. So mainly, its black and white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol