ROM Compatibility of Acekard 2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by pelt, Jun 4, 2008.

Jun 4, 2008

ROM Compatibility of Acekard 2 by pelt at 4:39 PM (2,572 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. pelt
    OP

Newcomer pelt Member

Netherlands
    Hi guys,

So I'm considering either buying a DSTT or a AK2. My only worries about the AK2 is the ROM compatibility is many reviews i read possitive things i.e. the gbatemp review. However reading many different fora that the reliability of the AK2 is so so and suffers from freezes. So how bad is it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I haven't had problems with any games I've tried (using a 2GB Kingston Japanese microSD formatted in FAT16). Most problems appear to be related to slower microSD cards.

-Bri

3. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    I'm a new owner of an AK2 after having used an R4. I believe these lags are misunderstood and misreported from what I've experienced so far. Yes the AK2 is more prone to lagging in the Castlevania: DoS movie, but it actually SOLVED freezing in Castlevania: PoR for me, whereas the R4 still freezes often as hell if I try to play on it with the same memory card.

What memory card you pick will be more decisive than on other cards but don't fall too much for horror stories about all games lagging or freezing, as I find my low-end Kingmax 2GB able to play PoR and every other game without any lag.

4. juicemousezero

Newcomer juicemousezero Member

United States
    The only games I've had serious problems with are Mario 64 DS, which consistently freezes after I get certain stars, and Wario Ware Touched which white-screens... Statistically not bad, I guess. It'd be nice if those problems could be fixed, though.

EIT: I use a 2 gig Kingston Japan and a 4 gig A-Data class 6, by the by.

5. FreshSoul

Member FreshSoul GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use to have a dstt.. just bought a acekard... I'll come back to this when I try it out

6. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    I haven't had any problems at all using my Acekard 2 with a FAT 16 formatted 4GB Kingston (Taiwan).

7. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had a few freezing problems myself, but I just turned off the Soft Reset function and it ran normal.