ROM Compatbility - What is the best Slot 1 Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by s00pycan, Jul 26, 2008.

Jul 26, 2008
  1. s00pycan
    OP

Newcomer s00pycan Member

United States
    Hi

Ignoring GBA or Homebrew compat, what is the best card for pure Nintendo DS backup software? On my DS-X, The World Ends with You won't run, I have to patch some new games (Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for exmaple) and now Lifesigns: Hospital Affairs is crashing.

What is the absolute best card for ROM compatbility. I am looking for a slot 1 solution please.

Thanks for reading

2. s00pycan
    OP

Newcomer s00pycan Member

United States
    So R4 is good?

Thanks Pharaoh

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    NO! R4 sucks! It would go into the "crappy carts" category. To be more specific, it's overpriced, doesn't have SDHC support, has limited features, and has few updates to the firmware compared to other more recent carts. There are better choices (Acekard 2, CycloDS, Acekard RPG, Edge, SCDS1, ...)

-Bri

4. paul3100

Member paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    No No No! for god sakes please don't buy an R4!!!!!

But seriously the R4 "WAS" a good cart when it first came out but now its old lacks any features and hasn't had an update for over 4 months! so its not officially 100% game compatible any more and the worst for me at least is its memory card limit of just 2 gigs (non SDHC).

I traded my R4 from £40 and purchased the supercard SCS1 (SDHC version) and an 8 gig sd card and i haven't regretted it for one moment, there is loads and loads of features on it but if you just want 100% games then it does that simply.

paul

5. s00pycan
    OP

Newcomer s00pycan Member

United States
    Phew, cancelled my Amazon order. You both mentioned an SCS1, so I'll investigate that.

Thanks again.

6. Bri

United States
  7. Bri

United States
    The Edge isn't bad, but in my opinion not as good as the Acekard 2.

-Bri

8. mcjones92

Member mcjones92 Forest Fam

United States
    I have both the EDGE and the Acekard 2, and to me the EDGE seems better. I got the both within a week of eachother, and the EDGE seems better made to me.

9. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

10. go185

Member go185 GBAtemp Regular

My Acekard RPG (as well as the Acekard 2) both have very good compatibility. The new firmware releases (official or not) 99% of the time pack new features or bug fixes to the menu (except for the most recent release, which includes a fix for the new DQ (J) as well as many new features).

I have yet to have a problem running any game on my AK RPG.

Now, the R4 is a different story, I would advise not getting it. Official firmware hasn't been updated in a while (no "unofficial firmware"), no SDHC support, expensive for what it offers, ect.

11. B-BoyMP

Newcomer B-BoyMP Advanced Member

Algeria
    Is the "M3 DS Real" good? (100% compatible)