Hardware Rom and Save dumping with the EZ Flash III

fuzzymage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the EZ Flash III and I am trying to dump rom data and my save data from one of my cartridges. The software designed for the linker doesn't seem to support these features. Does the hardware itself support the ability to do this? If so, how would I go about it?

fuzzymage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works like a charm. My only problem is writing the .sav back to the cartridge when I'm done. I've tried Pokemon, which I've heard is just trouble to begin with, then I tried Yoshi's Island which also didn't work. Is there something special I have to do to accomplish this?

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works like a charm. My only problem is writing the .sav back to the cartridge when I'm done. I've tried Pokemon, which I've heard is just trouble to begin with, then I tried Yoshi's Island which also didn't work. Is there something special I have to do to accomplish this?

i've _never_ heard of using the EZ-Writer to write a sav back to a commercial cart. is that even possible?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this applies to the EZClient as well, but with FlashManager, the EEPROM saves it dumps are strange in that every 8 bits are reversed, making it impossible to use them in VBA and such, so you need to flip the order of every 8 bits to make them work. Again, it probably won't help, but it may be worth a shot. Instructions for doing so can be found on http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/FlashManager

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM