Rom and Save dumping with the EZ Flash III

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by fuzzymage, Aug 14, 2007.

Aug 14, 2007
  1. fuzzymage
    OP

Newcomer fuzzymage Newbie

United States
    I've got the EZ Flash III and I am trying to dump rom data and my save data from one of my cartridges. The software designed for the linker doesn't seem to support these features. Does the hardware itself support the ability to do this? If so, how would I go about it?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You might be able to do it by using the FlashManager software. Try the latest English beta (I think it's 3.00 Beta 15)

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Dumping GBA can be accomplished with EZClient (the EZ1/2 software), grab it from the downloads section of http://ezflash.sosuke.com/

4. fuzzymage
    OP

Newcomer fuzzymage Newbie

United States
    Works like a charm. My only problem is writing the .sav back to the cartridge when I'm done. I've tried Pokemon, which I've heard is just trouble to begin with, then I tried Yoshi's Island which also didn't work. Is there something special I have to do to accomplish this?

5. dexmix

Member dexmix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i've _never_ heard of using the EZ-Writer to write a sav back to a commercial cart. is that even possible?

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't know if this applies to the EZClient as well, but with FlashManager, the EEPROM saves it dumps are strange in that every 8 bits are reversed, making it impossible to use them in VBA and such, so you need to flip the order of every 8 bits to make them work. Again, it probably won't help, but it may be worth a shot. Instructions for doing so can be found on http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/FlashManager