Hacking Rolling Screen/Black and White only?

CaperKJB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all,

So my techie colleagues convinced me to hack my wii which I did and I'm pretty impressed that I got this far because of my non-technical abilities.

After several drunk attempts and 1 sober one, I was excited to see the hack worked! I thought it was smooth sailing from there but HELL NO!

Anyway, to test I downloaded 30 great party games or whatever it's called and although it comes out black and white it worked when I loaded "with hooks". When loading through the Backup Launcher without hooks, I get a rolling screen.

I've since downloaded Brain Academy and no matter what I do, I get a rolling screen.

I'm hoping there is one small quick fix to this, but I am prepared to start all over and do it the right way if I've fk'ed something up. I have version 3.3 and noticed in this forum it mentions that I may need to downgrade, could this be the problem? The youtube vid i watched to do this said I can use twilight hack 1 with 3.3.

Thanking in advance for your help.

Kirk

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on the launcher enter in the config and FORCE NTSC: YES, your TV doesn't support PAL signal input, and also VIDTV PATCH: YES, everytime you use it, these settigns will not stay forever...!!!
smile.gif

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my biggest suggestion: Don't download games outside of your region!!!! If you are in the US, ONLY download NTSC! if you are in Europe, ONLY download PAL! I'm not sure why people try using games outside of their region.

CaperKJB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thanks ether, but no love when I change the settings you requested.

I changed them, did normal launch = green screen
I changed them, launched with hooks = same rolling screen as before

i suck and it pisses me off
smile.gif

CaperKJB

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
syst3merror said:
my biggest suggestion: Don't download games outside of your region!!!! If you are in the US, ONLY download NTSC! if you are in Europe, ONLY download PAL! I'm not sure why people try using games outside of their region.

thx syst, I have a feeling it is this. I don't pay attention to what the file says, but when I re-watch the videos it keeps mentioning something about this but it's pretty clear. I'm assuming I should be able to tell the difference in the file name between NTSC and PAL.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1