Gaming Rollercoaster Tycoon DS (I wish)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't an exact port of the original PC game be simply amazing? That was one of the first video games that I ever got into, and I would love to have it on my DS. It was much better than Zoo Tycoon and all those crappy copycats
mad.gif

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I doubt we'll ever see this. I haven't heard anything about Chris Sawyer since the big legal battle with Atari.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
pilotwangs said:
Though,you might wanna try out theme park DS,It's an EA game,but it's fairly similar.
At best they're both in the same genre. Theme Park is mainly just placing premade rides, pricing them, and dealing with the horrible AI. Roller Coaster Tycoon has a bit of placing premade rides and pricing them, but the majority of the game is making huge roller coasters from scratch. It's just so much fun to build a coaster, edit it to make it survivable, and see if the peeps like it.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
pilotwangs said:
Though,you might wanna try out theme park DS,It's an EA game,but it's fairly similar.
At best they're both in the same genre. Theme Park is mainly just placing premade rides, pricing them, and dealing with the horrible AI. Roller Coaster Tycoon has a bit of placing premade rides and pricing them, but the majority of the game is making huge roller coasters from scratch. It's just so much fun to build a coaster, edit it to make it survivable, and see if the peeps like it.
True. Rollercoaster tycoon also did a great job with all the pricing and economics of everything. You really felt like you were building a theme park from scratch and profiting (or losing money lol) from it.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rollercoaster tycoon 1 & 2 were the best. I played them for hours at a time
ohmy.gif

3 was not so good (and besides, the DS would look crap trying to do it in 3D)

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember a few weeks back there was a thread saying "which port/remake would you like to see" and my first choice was roller coaster tycoon DS (before Abe's oddysey and Exoddus)

Theme park was no where near as good as the roller coaster tycoon franchise, I say RCT is better in every way

RCT 1 and 2 were pretty similar, but I loved 3! It expanded the game vastly, it was so much fun being able to ride your own rollercoasters once you'd built them, I think the DS could do with a pretty good 3D RCT

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
Well you guys are in luck

11756_roller_coaster_ds-v2.jpg

I dont know if this is real or not just got it off from google images and if it's a fake then sorry about that.

Arno

Trophies
Website
www.nerdtablecomics.com
XP
Country
United States
RCTDS would be awesome. I think the DS is fully capable of producing the graphics from 1 and 2, but would have lots of trouble trying to do 3. If this does come out, I'll be really happy. If it doesn't, someone needs to port it.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TwinBlades said:
Well you guys are in luck

11756_roller_coaster_ds-v2.jpg

I dont know if this is real or not just got it off from google images and if it's a fake then sorry about that.
as fake as the gameboyDS concept art.

it's almost a year old, and it's from a website where you can submit your own mock up boxarts.
if you look around a bit i bet you'll find super smash brothers DS, and legend of zelda ocharina of time DS boxart on that website too.
EDIT:besides the perspective in the text on the side of the box is... nonexistent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.