Roll Your Own Cigarettes

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by iza, Jan 26, 2007.

Jan 26, 2007

Roll Your Own Cigarettes by iza at 2:33 AM (1,717 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. iza
    OP

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    Alright, I'm in the US, where they recently implemented a tax hike on cigarette's. So in light of the fact that i would go broke still smoking, and my attempt to quit failed... I've started rolling my own. It's hella cheap, and it doesn't taste bad either! cartons are now what $40-$50? this way its about $7-$12, and even with the time it takes to roll them, its really worth it! So, are there any other Roll Your Owner's out there that can recommend any really good tobacco and/or a bad-ass injector? i am currently using a Bugler handheld injector, Peoples Taste Tobacco, and Gambler tubes. I'm kind of interested in one of the Premier Cigarette Machines, but i'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Also, what about the flavored tobacco? i'm afraid it will taste like crap. If ya have any insight on this, please share your experience!

Cheers!
    -=Iza=-

2. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    I roll my own hash, green, and stuff, never thought about rolling your own cigs though. Does it generally work the same way? Wonder if the papers you use will be as durable as the original cig casing. BTW, where are you in the U.S.? I'm in the Midwest and haven't noticed a hike recently... [​IMG]

3. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Lol its different than that, you actually buy a tub of tobacco, paper tubes, and an injector. Its not like rolling a joint lol.

And I only know this cause it's what my grandpa does, so I can't give any insight except for this.

[​IMG]

4. iza
    OP

United States
    oh, i still hand roll my green. but for cigs, its like this; you have an injector, tubes, and tobacco. you put the tobacco in the injectors slot and place a tube on the end on the injector. you then slide the injector so the cig slides over the tobacco in it and slide it back forward and you have it.
    [​IMG]

edit: i live in texas, maybe it's a texas only legislation, but they went from about $3 to more than $5 a pack here.

5. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
  6. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Holy fuck, compared to rolling a blunt, rolling cigs is Rocket Science x 10

7. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Hey that's a neat trick.
    I just hand roll with drum tobacco & drum papers.
    Trying to quit right now.

Also you might check into mail order smokes from indian reservations.
    I did that the last time I was trying to quit. It was the only way I could get Quest cigarettes.
    Quest is the brand with no nicotine. They taste like crap, but they definately helped me quit.

edit: should I have said "native american reservations"? [​IMG]

8. Mr.Curlynose1

Member Mr.Curlynose1 HI ASL PLS

United States
    Sorry to hear you failed at quitting. [​IMG] Maybe try again? It's cheaper. [​IMG]

9. iza
    OP

United States
    yea, but with the money i save, you can imagine how much more green i go through a week... my guy's pretty happy about it, lol.

Edit: the wii has helped me slow down more than anything...kepping my hands busy.

10. N3CR0P57

Newcomer N3CR0P57 Advanced Member

Canada
    Here in Ontario, there $9.75 a pack!
    F**king robbery, but I'm still smoking premium pre-rolls.
    It's cheaper to smoke weed now, and I'm hooked on both.
    Stick with the injector, the premium machines aren't all they're cracked up to be.

11. iza
    OP

United States
    Jesus! 9? they were 7 euro's the last time i was in europe, and thats about 8 and thats nuts...but thats what i figured about the premium machine... anyone have a good site for cases?

12. Tripp

United States
  13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    My brother did the same shit. Started rolling his own and saving money. Personally, I find more useful ways to spend my money, which is why I dont smoke, but smoke on playa!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    Hope you guys aren't smoking that shit without a filter. I've never even tasted one myself, but when I was younger I can remember quite vividly, my mother scuffling through her ash tray and emptying out the little bits of tobacco out of the butts. She'd role it in a piece of brown paper bag. Smell would fill the room, but she was broke and needed her fix. When I got older I'd just empty her trays periodically, just to avoid that crazy shit. Amazingly I never saw the glamour in smoking, go figure [​IMG]

15. Tripp

United States
    Ya no filter but no additives... Most brands of American cigs have tons of junk added in, so less harmful IMHO... [​IMG]

http://www.nascigs.com/OurTobacco/tabid/154/Default.aspx

16. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Maybe things are done differently in the UK, but over here people use small rectangular rolling papers, tobacco and a small filter. Tobacco and filter goes on paper near the edge, roll up and lick the paper edge to stick it down. (I don't smoke myself, just knew a few cheap students who did)

17. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    travel more, and visit duty free shops. I always get a couple cartons of davidoff's or mild seven's every trip. Never seem to run out.

18. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

weird

[​IMG]