Homebrew Question Roll back game update?

Kingslayer_Kyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, does anybody know if it's possible to roll back a game update,

Here's my situation..

I've been using the Nintendo Entertainment System app and It's been working fine up until now.. I was on version 458752

But when I grabbed the new update and updated to version 720896 the app is now completely broken and won't launch. I get this error message "The software closed because an error occured"

When I install the older update it now just says that I need to download the new software update and refuses to launch with the older update installed.

Does anybody possibly know why this is happening or can advise me on how I can re-install the older update so that it works again?

Cheers guys :)

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NES app is a bit of a special case. Most games let you play without the latest update, but Nintendo wants to keep it tied to their online service. I do know there is a cracked nsp floating around the interwebs that would probably work for you, but then your console would most likely get banned.

Edit: Also, why not just use Retroarch? You can get way more than just NES with that.

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

Kingslayer_Kyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The NES app is a bit of a special case. Most games let you play without the latest update, but Nintendo wants to keep it tied to their online service. I do know there is a cracked nsp floating around the interwebs that would probably work for you, but then your console would most likely get banned.

Edit: Also, why not just use Retroarch? You can get way more than just NES with that.

I've already been using it and have game progress and also because the UI is nice and fancy. I think It looks better than most emulators. I like the box arts etc..

It isn't the app itself that isn't working.. It's just after I installed the latest update for it.. I've updated it in the past with no problems but this time the update broke the app with no way of reverting because of the update message I get

Kingslayer_Kyle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fixed,

For anybody that's having the same issue and wants to delete game updates this is how you do it:

Loaded up HacDiskMount and mounted my EMMC, loaded the system/save folder and this is the file "8000000000000045" that contains info about required game versions.

I had to overwrite this file with the one that I got from my original nand backup (The backup was fresh, no games had been installed so this file was clean in terms of game versions)

Reactions: Dichotomy754

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night