Gaming Rodea's Wii U port is inferior to the Wii version.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
But the Wii U's in HD so how could it be inferior to an SD console?! Brown visuals and no Wiimote support, which really is essential considering this is an on-rail shooter so it feels out of place using the GamePad.

Source: Kotaku (unfortunately)​
Welp, this settles it. I'll skip this game on the Wii U.​

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
It's inferior because some former stoned gamestop employee that works for Nintendo now thought it would be more reasonable to port from the 3DS instead of the Wii since the gamepad is more alike. That said the Wii version is included in the physical release so you can play the version that fits you more.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's inferior because some former stoned gamestop employee that works for Nintendo now thought it would be more reasonable to port from the 3DS instead of the Wii since the gamepad is more alike. That said the Wii version is included in the physical release so you can play the version that fits you more.
I noticed that as well. I just preordered from Amazon. Not sure I want the game but I can make up my mind later. I read somewhere both are included only in the first printing.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

You sure about that? The European/UK releases include the Wii version too inside on the Wii U release?

I'd pre-order if it came with the Wii version and sell off the Wii U version (to make some of that money back for an inferior version I never wanted anyway).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering when the graphics whoring would show up... This rushed port is not representative of what the console is capable of, anyone who thinks otherwise is likely delusional.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I was wondering when the graphics whoring would show up... This rushed port is not representative of what the console is capable of, anyone who thinks otherwise is likely delusional.
You can't deny that a lot of its detail and beautiful visuals are lost on the Wii U's brown graphics.

The Wii U is an HD console so stop trying to defend when Wii U games look like shit. Some are worth it, some aren't. People who do their research aren't graphic whores and for someone who said the term "Nintendrones" is bad the same person is proving to be a hypocrite.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't deny that a lot of its detail and beautiful visuals are lost on the Wii U's brown graphics.

The Wii U is an HD console so stop trying to defend when Wii U games look like shit. Some are worth it, some aren't.

No one should focus on graphics so much that they bash the console as a whole. Just sayin'.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No one should focus on graphics so much that they bash the console as a whole. Just sayin'.

Nonsense. The customer is the one who's paying for the product so he/she has every right to avoid purchasing a product that doesn't satisfy them.

Much like Blu-ray releases which have DNR. Take this popular comparison for example:

DVD:
predatorold03.jpg

BD:
predatornew03.jpg

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/predator-blu-ray-comparison/

DVD > Blu-ray. So much detail was lost and it doesn't look very good on Blu-ray.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Kotaku may have been using different recording equipment? I don't trust their writeup since game journalists' opinions are based on advertising and nothing more.
The customers on Amazon Japan wrote reviews complaining about the lack of Wiimote support on the Wii U version but the rest was hard to tell since Google Translator was more of a miss than a hit translating it.

So anyway, when I buy Blu-rays and games alike I try to get the best experience they have to offer and if the Wii U has those dull brown visuals then obviously it's more than a valid reason to avoid it.

Reactions: sblast3

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The customers on Amazon Japan wrote reviews complaining about the lack of Wiimote support on the Wii U version but the rest was hard to tell since Google Translator was more of a miss than a hit translating it.

So anyway, when I buy Blu-rays and games alike I try to get the best experience they have to offer and if the Wii U version has those dull brown visuals then obviously it's more than a valid reason to avoid it.

Fixed that for you. Not all Wii U games or ports have that "dull brown visuals" as you assert. Why don't you go dis the Wii U on IGN's forums instead? You seem to enjoy bashing it anyways; oh if you don't like it so much, why don't you just sell your console and be done with it?

If you care so much about graphics, get an PS4 or Xbox One.:rolleyes: Gotta love this site's anti-Nintendo bias :creep:

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Fixed that for you. Not all Wii U games or ports have that "dull brown visuals" as you assert. Why don't you go dis the Wii U on IGN's forums instead? You seem to enjoy bashing it anyways; oh if you don't like it so much, why don't you just sell your console and be done with it?

If you care so much about graphics, get an PS4 or Xbox One.:rolleyes: Gotta love this site's anti-Nintendo bias :creep:
Hm, you're quite the Wii U fanboy, I see. That much is clear.

However, you can't tell me what I can and can't do.

I've supported most of the Wii U library from 2013-2014 as well as launch games so pretty much I've played most games that the Wii U has to offer in the west, and that came at a cost greater than the console itself, plus I didn't hack the console like you did so you're less of a fan than I am. I doubt that you actually bought 50 Wii U games like I did and other Wii U accessories and that's a damn good amount of money that I've put towards Wii U products.

I'm a customer who pays for the products so I have every right to complain and praise, if you're not happy then don't read my comments. I take it you'd go apeshit if you'd watch BLACKB0ND's videos which are rants about Nintendo and Wii U, safe to say they are all perfectly valid points but Nintendo fanboys such as yourself would just tell him to 'fuck off BLACKL0SER' or 'your a Nintendo hater' despite that he too is a true Nintendo fan ever since the early days of NES.

So Randomizer, get off your high horse and instead of not wanting negativity then the ideal place for that is Miiverse. The Badmins (kind of a cool name people have given them there) will remove any "inappropriate" post from the community as they see fit.

Anyway, I've got Splatoon & Yoshi both pre-ordered and will be doing the same for Xenoblade X, Devil's Third and perhaps Project C.A.R.S too but I'm sceptical if Project C.A.R.S will be worth buying on the Wii U as it lacks analogue triggers and the only way to make it anywhere near possible recreating that is via the right analogue stick. I wouldn't mind buying another Wii U Pro Controller (Plus edt.) if it featured analogue triggers.

Reactions: TerryG and cvskid

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just looks like a horribly done port to me. Look at games like MK8, Nintendo Land and SM3DW and you'll know that the Wii U is most certainly capable of cheery and bright visuals, it's just unfortunate that this game fell prey to poor development... oh well, it does look like the Wii version is pretty good, I might look into that

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nonsense. The customer is the one who's paying for the product so he/she has every right to avoid purchasing a product that doesn't satisfy them.

Much like Blu-ray releases which have DNR. Take this popular comparison for example:

DVD:

BD:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/predator-blu-ray-comparison/

DVD > Blu-ray. So much detail was lost and it doesn't look very good on Blu-ray.
Did you even read the article you linked? That isn't DVD VS BD, that's First Release bluray VS cleaned up bluray. Besides, the only "detail" lost is how grainy the original picture looks. Other than that the two look basically the same, except the latter has much clearer hair (and a very shiny forehead, but according to the source that's mostly just in that one shot for whatever reason).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But the Wii U's in HD so how could it be inferior to an SD console?! Brown visuals and no Wiimote support, which really is essential considering this is an on-rail shooter so it feels out of place using the GamePad.

Source: Kotaku (unfortunately)​
Welp, this settles it. I'll skip this game on the Wii U.​

Sorry dude, but you may be color blind. That looks more purple than anything else. :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, you're quite the Wii U fanboy, I see. That much is clear.

However, you can't tell me what I can and can't do.

I've supported most of the Wii U library from 2013-2014 as well as launch games so pretty much I've played most games that the Wii U has to offer in the west, and that came at a cost greater than the console itself, plus I didn't hack the console like you did so you're less of a fan than I am. I doubt that you actually bought 50 Wii U games like I did and other Wii U accessories and that's a damn good amount of money that I've put towards Wii U products.

I'm a customer who pays for the products so I have every right to complain and praise, if you're not happy then don't read my comments. I take it you'd go apeshit if you'd watch BLACKB0ND's videos which are rants about Nintendo and Wii U, safe to say they are all perfectly valid points but Nintendo fanboys such as yourself would just tell him to 'fuck off BLACKL0SER' or 'your a Nintendo hater' despite that he too is a true Nintendo fan ever since the early days of NES.

So Randomizer, get off your high horse and instead of not wanting negativity then the ideal place for that is Miiverse. The Badmins (kind of a cool name people have given them there) will remove any "inappropriate" post from the community as they see fit.

Anyway, I've got Splatoon & Yoshi both pre-ordered and will be doing the same for Xenoblade X, Devil's Third and perhaps Project C.A.R.S too but I'm sceptical if Project C.A.R.S will be worth buying on the Wii U as it lacks analogue triggers and the only way to make it anywhere near possible recreating that is via the right analogue stick. I wouldn't mind buying another Wii U Pro Controller (Plus edt.) if it featured analogue triggers.

Using epithets to call me a fanboy, that's real cute of you. Anyone who uses epithets like that lose all credibility in their arguments.. Okay, so I was wrong, and you have a Wii U too, good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Wonder if there are Super FX repro carts too, no?