PS1/2 Rocky Legends - Playing as Ludmilla Dragon on PS2?

bobshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rocky Legends was released on PS2 and Xbox. Each console had an exclusive playable character: Paulie for PS2 and Ludmilla Drago for Xbox.

However jakeypearce discovered Ludmilla Drago was actually also on the PS2 disc and could be used (you can see it on his YouTube channel). He released a few elements about the hack he did (here and here) but he fell ill afterwards and never disclosed the full method he used. That was 3 years ago.

I recently rewatched the film series. While looking for potential decent video game adaptations, I came upon the videos linked above. I have no hacking knowledge whatsoever so I'm completely unable to reproduce what he did myself. I hope someone more savvy could try to give it a shot.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by bobshark,

bobshark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I happened to find an old comment by jakeypearce on one of his YouTube videos. Here's the method he used:

Very well. I shall explain it here. I may or may not be able to actually make a video on it, but here goes!

Step 1: Download and install Cheat Engine. Attach PCSX2 to Cheat Engine *while the game is running and at the select screen*.
Step 2: Go to this link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CWJ1Mw0dsCF4A1nPUPCkcD7jN-iQrRKU2TYRCl3VMYw/edit#gid=0

It is my personal Google Docs sheet that I made sometime ago (last updated in December 2017!), as I wanted to look into modding Rocky Legends, discovering unused content, etc. I had made as well a Cheat Engine table that was removed because of me having to reformat my computer, thus losing the file. I am quite happy to remake it again, however!
Step 3: Copy one of the addresses for one of the boxers that you want to edit, and change their string name to that of another boxer. The strings marked as "(Boxer image/model)" are the references that need to be changed for the model.

Things like the string for the selection screen has to be edited alongside. Furthermore, there is another string for the loading screen. Unlike the other selection string though, the "!" character is used as a space.

Hope that helps man. Hopefully, once I get some free time, I'll look into revisiting modding Rocky Legends in the future. :)

It's all Greek to me but I guess someone tech-savvy could look into it and turn it into a PS2 patch.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi