Rocksteady reveals their newest game, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Play as the Suicide Squad, in Rocksteady’s latest game. Previously teased earlier this week, DC has officially announced Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, planned for launch in 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC. It’s an open-world game, with third-person shooter elements. You’ll be able to play as various members of the Suicide Squad, from Harley Quinn to Captain Boomerang, on your own, or in online co-op. The story takes place as a continuation of the Arkham series, though this time you’ll be playing as the bad guys, trying to take down Superman and the rest of the Justice League.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be honest. I actually see potential in this.
Yeah it looks decent, though I'm always wary of trailers with no gameplay, and I kind of wish they were basing this on the animated or comic version of the Suicide Squad rather than the live-action dumpster fire. Oh well.

this time you’ll be playing as the bad guys, trying to take down Superman and the rest of the Justice League.
I wonder about that...Supes seems either possessed or reprogrammed in the trailer. Probably by Brainiac based on the bigass technoskull in the middle of the city. If it's the same for the rest of the Justice League, then technically you'd be the good guys by taking them out.

Last edited by Xzi,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about as on the nose as they could have possibly been with the subtitle but it seems like it might be interesting to look at once there is actual gameplay

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK...third person shooter? Not exactly what I was expecting.

I think it'd be cool if they made a game starring Superman with a Metroidvania progression: you start out strong at the beginning, but then, shit hits the fan and Supes goes back to square one, and you have to recover his abilities to make it to the end.

Just...don't have him flying through rings...not like this, anyways:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either A) They wouldn't kill them or at least not all of them. B) They aren't killing the real League.

C) They are killing the real League, but they will be replaced by successors and clones.

Anyway, even a clone or a mind controlled Superman should have heard that boomerang coming. Funny, I know, but still.

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That action sequence gave me some Left 4 Dead vibes which would be pretty dope if thats what they are doing. I honestly don't want any Arkham gameplay in this for a fresh game. That Suicide Squad mobile game was actually pretty fun and it was in the same vein.

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but he also wouldn't have registered it as a threat.

Considering how he's often compared to Goku, I'm sure a boomerang would be like trying to hurt him by throwing a tomato at him! XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really despise CGI trailers. At least have the decency to show a quick game play montage at the end.

This. Considering this is a new game on what I hope is a new engine using new assets, I'd love to see what the actual game looks like, because as much of a leap as they're trying to hype them up to be, I'm sure both Sony and Microsoft's offerings for consoles are gonna be outclassed by at least the RTX 3000 and, if Big Navi can actually bring some real competition to the market by having good driver support and the hardware mettle to match Nvidia, then I can see an Xbox Series XX as a mid-generation upgrade, followed by...the Xbox Series Xrd at the end of the life cycle.

What did you think I was gonna say there? ;)

Reactions: Xzi

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to see the finished product before even considering trying it, the movie really damaged my perception of anything related to the series at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy...