OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
494x_gta_v_rumor_smash.jpg
QUOTE said:
The most recent issue of Game Informer contains "loose talk" that Rockstar Games is readying a new Grand Theft Auto, a fully-fledged follow up to GTA IV for the holidays. Not so, say Rockstar reps.

We checked in with the Rockstar folks this week to check out the first downloadable episode, The Lost and Damned, which is due to hit the Xbox 360 next month. A second episode for Grand Theft Auto IV owners is planned to arrive before October 31, 2009, according to parent company Take-Two Interactive, But there is "no truth" to reports that a wholly new retail game, one on par with the scope of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, will arrive before the holidays.

And as for the chances of the next Grand Theft Auto game taking place in Tokyo, as speculated by Game Informer's regular rumor column? Consider that little more than a wild guess.

Further requests for clarification on the subject went unanswered.

So, don't be surprised if the first two downloadable episodes already confirmed for Grand Theft Auto IV are just two of many. Rockstar vice president Dan Houser recently said to USA Today "We feel like we've only scratched the surface in terms of the depth and detail" of Liberty City.

Rockstar's VP of product development, Jeronimo Barrera, has called the episodes an "experiment." If successful, it could mean an extended stay in Liberty City before finding a new home for the series.

Check back with us next week when we reveal more about the first downloadable episode.

[Source]

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
MYTH BUSTED I suppose. I kinda like them doing it this way though. Instead of rushing to make a new game, they can take their time and release DLC for a pre-existing game. (GTAIV)

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What I don't understand is why anyone would hope or expect there to be a new installment in the franchise this soon after the last. Or any game series for that matter. The typical development cycle is 3 - 5 years after the last game. Especially for the triple A titles.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Indeed, just stupid to think the next one would here before 2010.
Let's hope some downloadable episodes make their way to the PC too, I would love to get some more GTA IV
smile.gif

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does take a developer 3-5 years, but it also takes a teenager, at most, 11 hours to beat a game.
Everyone is always looking for something new. For some people, things get old pretty quick.
I choose to enjoy a game to it's full potential, plus achievements make for great replay value
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
What I don't understand is why anyone would hope or expect there to be a new installment in the franchise this soon after the last. Or any game series for that matter. The typical development cycle is 3 - 5 years after the last game. Especially for the triple A titles.
well I think because they released GTAIII and then GTA:VC about a year after each other
same with liberty city stories and vice city stories for PSP

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
To be honest, I doubt we'll see any sort of GTA V in this generation. The generation is going to end... when? 2012? 2013, maximum. It'll be at least 2011 for a decent GTA V and that's if they start right now. Considering they're going to be working on another expansion pack, plus more after that, I sincerely doubt they'll be making a GTA V this generation.

And well, the idea of having a GTA IV at the beginning of a generation, and then big expansions after that, is an interesting idea.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like this plan rockstars using. There putting a lot of development time into the dlc which is good to see. I hope it goes back to characters we know rather theb introducing us ti brand new characters every expansion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu