Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models.

Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or "Red Lighting" after having installed 3.61. This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off anywhere between 30 mins use to 2 hours. We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed.

At this time we are recommending contacting Sony directly to report the overheating issue. However, this is not the end of our support; we are continuing to test L.A. Noire on all firmware versions and hardware models to isolate the issues and see what can be done. As always, we will update this article as soon as we have updates.

Source

zKjVR.jpg

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, with all the complaints and comparison to the Xbox 360, I have been comparing my old 360 to the PS3.
It does seem to get pretty hot(at least on the outside). People say that the 360 makes noises like a helicopter, but the PS3 seems to make hell lotta noise too.

No fanboy, I dont give a fuck about Sony or Microsoft. Just saying..

It might be that something is wrong with my PS3 unit, but it seriously makes shit load of noise and gets hot pretty quickly. Slim 320GB by the way. My problem is unrelated to newest firmware however.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, i updated to 3.61... now i cant even play my ps3 at its fullest? i have the 1st one that ever came out ( the what that costed roughly 600€) and that can play PS2/PS1 Games, Make PS1/PS2 Memory Cards on the HDD, etc

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...My PS3 last night turned off and made 3 noises.

I was using it for a long time though...

Wonder if this is due to the update...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sony is only thinking about Cash, Cash and CASH. Remember the words they said when they revealed the PS3's launch price?? I hope you didn't miss it or forget it.
rolleyes.gif

Sonys Ken Kutaragi "We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

They only want money, all I wanna say is that they don't really care about us.
wink.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terminator02 said:
iFish said:
...My PS3 last night turned off and made 3 noises.

I was using it for a long time though...

Wonder if this is due to the update...
what a perfect time to plug in my YLoD guide, check my sig

My PS3 didn't YLoD. I just turned it on again and it worked fine.
tongue.gif

As in, it shut down, I didn't know why and 2 seconds later turned it on again.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
My PS3 has always been kind of bad with heating, but Red Dead Redemption seems to be the only game that causes it to overheat badly. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the ball was dropped by the developer, and not Sony. Maybe the game is just too damn complicated, and they tried to do to much with the PS3 version.

None of my other games seem to stress out the system as badly as Red Dead Redemption. This is on the 100 something GB Slim model. Maybe Rockstar should try a little harder to test their games in all respects.

Don't blame Sony for this. I highly doubt that they are at all to blame for this one. As fun as it is to jump on the ignorance bandwagon, I would recommend actually reading the article and creating your own interpretation of events.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
My PS3 has always been kind of bad with heating, but Red Dead Redemption seems to be the only game that causes it to overheat badly. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the ball was dropped by the developer, and not Sony. Maybe the game is just too damn complicated, and they tried to do to much with the PS3 version.

None of my other games seem to stress out the system as badly as Red Dead Redemption. This is on the 100 something GB Slim model. Maybe Rockstar should try a little harder to test their games in all respects.

Don't blame Sony for this. I highly doubt that they are at all to blame for this one. As fun as it is to jump on the ignorance bandwagon, I would recommend actually reading the article and creating your own interpretation of events.
I don't think it's games, since it happened to me on the web browser.
nyanya.gif

I have the 250GB slim model if that means anything to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free