Rockstar Games announces Red Dead Online

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 19, 2018.

1. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    I knew this was inevitable I just hopped out wouldn't happen.

Why can't they leave GTA Online to be there can cow and let it subside the single player games they are famous for

It feels like Rockstar Is forgetting GTA5 was popular before online some might say despite it.

If they let online ruin red dead like they did GTA this will be the last Rockstar game I buy and I'll go back to piracy till they get there $&!7 together

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thats why

3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    For whatever reason I basically managed to ignore all GTA online developments so now my imagination floats somewhere between GTA1 network play and the San Andreas "don't leave my sight" play for what it is but in the boring as sin and actually rather clunky 4-5 era GTA engines. However from what I hear I imagine the ultimate appeal of the mode would be even less than that for me. Granted I can't think of a meaningful way of having stateful online play for GTA with current tech so I am not in a hurry to find out what it actually is.

Similarly I somehow managed to miss Red Dead Redemption as well (not sure how as I had a 360 and was playing all manner of games on it at that point).

Oh well. Always fun to observe as an outsider.

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I liked the online in Red Dead Redemption. Though if you didn't have a posse you were probably gonna get killed on sight.