Gaming Rockstar code in GTA4

mikilol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was looking for the game on torrents cause on Rapidshare i only found NTSC/u and i need pal

so i was on the pirate bay where i saw this
DON'T LINK TO ILLEGAL FILES

if you browse down to the comments somone who downloaded it got banned after playing online, cause it has a code that rockstar putted in it

alistairally180 bij 2008-04-28 18:42 CET:

Shit i have just been banned from xbox live. Phoned customer services and they said they can tell who is playing a copied version because of code rockstar have put in the game shit shit shit...........

Hmmm what should we do , should we believeit?

lukereeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry its easy to bypass the code rockstar added.

Buying the game might help. Give it a try it'll avoid you getting banned.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lukereeve said:
Don't worry its easy to bypass the code rockstar added.

Buying the game might help. Give it a try it'll avoid you getting banned.

Thats only a rumor!! I been playing this game online constantly snice BEFORE the game was released and I'm not banned.
lecture.gif

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is clear a huge amount of effort went into making this game. Downloading it is an insult to all of the people involved and who ever does it, deserves to get banned.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
i really recommend you buy the game, it has got enough gametime and fun to justify pay £40/$40 for it, so i really recommend you go out there and buy an origional, they spent alot of time making the game the least you could do is show your appreciaton to rockstar for making an outstanding game!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DAZA said:
i really recommend you buy the game, it has got enough gametime and fun to justify pay £40/$40 for it, so i really recommend you go out there and buy an origional, they spent alot of time making the game the least you could do is show your appreciaton to rockstar for making an outstanding game!

Dude, go preach somewhere else. I really appreciaie Rockstar for making the game but its not worth $60. Well maybe it is but I'm a pirate and will always be one
ph34r.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I pirated this game, and bought it ... I play the pirate version ... and I leave in original on the shelf ...

I have pirated games for 25 years now, and I will always buy some games on originals ... and saying that a game is worth is price tag is not preaching, it is an attempt to support the industry which we all claim to love ...

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
im not preaching, i have a modified console aswell, but for certain games they deserve respect and those big games should be bought! $60 is a tough call for a game in the states, guess u made ur mind up

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DAZA said:
im not preaching, i have a modified console aswell, but for certain games they deserve respect and those big games should be bought! $60 is a tough call for a game in the states, guess u made ur mind up

$60 = £30

GTA4 is £40 in the UK ... US games are cheaper than games in almost every other country in the world ...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Bob Evil said:
DAZA said:

$60 = £30

GTA4 is £40 in the UK ... US games are cheaper than games in almost every other country in the world ...

I just checked online on the cheapest place to buy games in sweden:
Gta IV is £48 or $96.... and that's NORMAL for any game which is relatively new here.
and this is excluding shipping, $5 or £2.50 ... It's clear to see why so many in sweden are importing american games...
smile.gif

Anyway, I think it could be very possible to get banned, though I don't know.
Microsoft can see if you pirate windows, so why wouldn't they be able to see if you pirated gta? (when you play online)

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Issac said:
Bob Evil said:
DAZA said:

$60 = £30

I just checked online on the cheapest place to buy games in sweden:
Gta IV is £48 or $96.... and that's NORMAL for any game which is relatively new here.
and this is excluding shipping, $5 or £2.50 ... It's clear to see why so many in sweden are importing american games...
smile.gif

Anyway, I think it could be very possible to get banned, though I don't know.
Microsoft can see if you pirate windows, so why wouldn't they be able to see if you pirated gta? (when you play online)

Dude, just to some research ... I am not getting into another one of those lengthy explanations about why we are okay to play on Live, right now, with modded 360s ...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't mean a modded 360, i meant a pirated version of gta 4... that rockstar has put some sort of protection in... and I just said that I _think_ it would be possible, never said anything else. and I also gave a relevant reason...

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mikilol said:
I was looking for the game on torrents cause on Rapidshare i only found NTSC/u and i need pal

so i was on the pirate bay where i saw this
DON'T LINK TO ILLEGAL FILES

if you browse down to the comments somone who downloaded it got banned after playing online, cause it has a code that rockstar putted in it

alistairally180 bij 2008-04-28 18:42 CET:

Shit i have just been banned from xbox live. Phoned customer services and they said they can tell who is playing a copied version because of code rockstar have put in the game shit shit shit...........

Hmmm what should we do , should we believeit?
You should be banned from GBATEMP!
GTA:IV deserves to be bought!

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
DAZA said:

Dude, go preach somewhere else. I really appreciaie Rockstar for making the game but its not worth $60. Well maybe it is but I'm a pirate and will always be one
ph34r.gif

I'm all for pirating games, especially if you cant afford to play something then you shouldn't be denied it. But just so the record is straight, this game IS worth $60.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thomaspajamas said:
754boy said:
DAZA said:

ph34r.gif

I'm all for pirating games, especially if you cant afford to play something then you shouldn't be denied it. But just so the record is straight, this game IS worth $60.
You'r so right, Rockstar Paid like 100 Million Dollar to make this game and you are just getting it for only $60!(That's how I see it, you paying only $60 for a game worth $100.000.000)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte