ROM Hack Rockman EXE Operation Shooting Star Translation Help

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
It's ok if you want to test your skills trying to translate this game, but if you think translating it is actually a NEED then I'll just have to tell you is a waste of time. It'll get released in the US AND is the same game as EXE 1, which was released in english years ago.
this IS NOT the same game as EXE 1
don't post stuff you don't know crud about

on a completely different note...
romhacking.net probably has some stuff you can use

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
f3ar000 said:
.Darky said:
It's ok if you want to test your skills trying to translate this game, but if you think translating it is actually a NEED then I'll just have to tell you is a waste of time. It'll get released in the US AND is the same game as EXE 1, which was released in english years ago.
this IS NOT the same game as EXE 1
don't post stuff you don't know crud about
Maybe you should not post crud you don't know about. The game is just a damn port with a few features added, like voice acting and an extra twist to the story involving Shooting Star Rockman (Clockman scenario). If you played EXE 1 you'll EXACTLY know what you have to do.

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im gonna ask absolute Zero if he could teach me a little ways on how to translate in hex programs but im gonna try and get this done by christmas

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
azerty1 said:
ShinRyouma said:
The game contains A LOT of compressed overlays files, the script might be inside of those files.
If you unpack the rom with ds lazy, you can pack it back with ds lazy too.
What hex editor are you using? Crystaltile2 might be able to decompress all those overlays files.
I think I'll wait for the US version.
Is this your 1st translation project? Don't give up! And good luck
smile.gif

if the test is in the overlays, then you're going to have to repoint the text as well. you can probably search for "pointers" or "overlay pointer" on this forum and find a topic or two on the subject.
I'm really sorry, I'm a beginner romhacker, I don't understand "then you're going to have to repoint the text as well".
Do "test" (underlined word) is supposed to be "text"? I said "the script might be inside the overlays files" mean I'm not sure, so the script might not inside the files (I didn't open all compressed files). When I'm translating SRG, I have to decompress some lz-compression-overlays-files, but the script isn't in those files. Since Rockman EXE OSS is a port from GBA, I think the rom might not advancely compressed, but I could be wrong, the rom is only 16MB it could be advancely compressed (the reason why the rom is almost full with lz-compression-overlays-files).
I'll check for "pointers" or "overlay pointer", thank you.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This topic is just a parade of the least knowledgeable people on GBAtemp. LZ compression is over 30 years old. Pointers are the most basic, basic, basic thing anyone who wants to do a dialogue/translation hack needs to know. If none of you know what pointers are, what chance do you have of hacking any ROM at all? Everything in this topic makes me embarrassed on your behalf.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I can help translate a bit and maybe rom hack. I've finished BN1 loads of times already and know more than half of eh game script
tongue.gif

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wish you all the best. also you dont need beta testing, seeing as you're copying and pasting the same text and script from the original english translations.

ignore all the animal packers(they pack animals in their.....yeah)

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
takun32 said:
i wish you all the best. also you dont need beta testing, seeing as you're copying and pasting the same text and script from the original english translations.

Ever heard of glitches, font issues, text not fitting well and potential game breaking errors?

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
adrian2040 said:
takun32 said:

Ever heard of glitches, font issues, text not fitting well and potential game breaking errors?
obviously, he hasn't.

This will be my first time playing MMBN1 so i will await this translatioN!

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Sorry guys. I'm still waiting for a fellow ROM Hacker to at least JOIN our usual chatroom. *cough*Noitora*cough* little help here?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
fgghjjkll said:
Sorry guys. I'm still waiting for a fellow ROM Hacker to at least JOIN our usual chatroom. *cough*Noitora*cough* little help here?
You want him to help the translation? Have you PMed him?

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Ever heard of glitches, font issues, text not fitting well and potential game breaking errors?"

yes i have.

glitches: the chance of glitches are low since replacing text does nothing to the actions of the sprites.

font issues: theres no font issues since this game uses the same font for everything, if the person translating it decided to change the font then there would, but then japanese games usually have english letters too....so no font issues here.

text not fitting: hes copying and pasting the text, the ones that capcom used, i doubt he'll have troubles fitting in fonts...

so yes i have heard of those issues, like i said, no need for beta testers, the only beta tester should be the guy translating. copying and pasting text is cake walk. all you need is just patience.(proof....pokemon soul silver and heart gold) the only hard part of this is finding the text within the game.

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takun32 said:
"Ever heard of glitches, font issues, text not fitting well and potential game breaking errors?"

yes i have.

glitches: the chance of glitches are low since replacing text does nothing to the actions of the sprites.

font issues: theres no font issues since this game uses the same font for everything, if the person translating it decided to change the font then there would, but then japanese games usually have english letters too....so no font issues here.

text not fitting: hes copying and pasting the text, the ones that capcom used, i doubt he'll have troubles fitting in fonts...

so yes i have heard of those issues, like i said, no need for beta testers, the only beta tester should be the guy translating. copying and pasting text is cake walk. all you need is just patience.(proof....pokemon soul silver and heart gold) the only hard part of this is finding the text within the game.
obviously, you have no idea how it works.
what do you think this is? flash?

canceled.... i really doubt it started ._.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: