Rockman.EXE Operate Shooting Star - Unboxing

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by irishmarcoos, Nov 10, 2009.

Nov 10, 2009
  1. irishmarcoos
    OP

Newcomer irishmarcoos Member

United Kingdom

2. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Hmm...It may get dumped tonight.

Thanks for the info.

3. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    Great, I'm actually thinking of playing the game and beating it now, but I don't understand Japanese and maybe it will contain kinda spoilers. If I do a playthrough, will I still want to play the english release?

4. irishmarcoos
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well you will if you want to understand the storyline better, and also maybe access bonus content that you may have missed, because you don't know the language.

I'm sure you will though [​IMG]

5. Yami Toshiro

Banned Yami Toshiro Banned

United States
    awesome i was waiting that game [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. outgum

Member outgum Pokemanz Master

New Zealand
    Sounds good! I think ill play this one [​IMG]

7. screw_ball69

Member screw_ball69 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Now if only they would make another side scrolling megaman game.

8. irishmarcoos
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well this isn't about that, so please take your bussiness elsewhere [​IMG]

Still waiting for it though... surely some japanese person has dumped it [​IMG] Taking it's time...

9. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    DEFINITELY waiting for the US version of this game, I can't play rockman games without knowing the storyline. Rockman exe is definitely better than megaman starforce, the 2D is superb [​IMG]

10. Saloma

Newcomer Saloma Member

United States
    I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to miss anything at all by playing the game in Japanese. This is Capcom's half-assed attempt to resell the exact same game again.

11. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    actually, no. its a different storyline then the rest of the other megaman games. so dont say shit unless you know what your saying.

12. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Dude, the game is IDENTICAL to the first Battle Network on GBA besides very few new features-

- there are a couple of minor side quests involving time travel, meaning Shooting Star Rockman is playable for a short while
    - one remixed theme (the title theme, rest of the music is actually made using the GBA sound chip)
    - a couple of characters have new mugshots
    - some menus have cleaner borders and look slightly different
    - there are now two rows for battle chips instead of 3
    - you can run with L now
    - added some voice clips (people will just complain about this in the US version)

There are a couple of other new things. But really, it's the exact same game with only a couple of extras. All of the level graphics and character sprites are the same too. And most people consider the first BN game one of the weaker in the series. Some even say the Starforce series is better than the first game. 2, 3, and 6 at least are far superior. But even if we don't judge the game itself, it's just a half assed port.

And I intend to play it, just because my GBA flashcard is broken and I can't play the GBA version. If I had one though, it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me what version I play. The only coolish thing is the new time travel side plot.

EDIT: Here's a link showing some screenshot comparisons between the DS game and GBA game (DS on left, GBA on right)-

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...le-network.html

Menus look a little nicer, but not really much difference to speak of. The GBA shots aren't the best quality either, so the real game looks better. Not my opinion of a decent effort.

13. Saloma

Newcomer Saloma Member

United States
    maybe you shouldn't say shit unless you know what you're saying [​IMG]

Hopefully this game won't sell well, so Capcom won't try this shit again

14. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I actually HOPE it sells well. Megaman Battle Network was the first game I got for my GBA, and I loved the shit out of it. The .exe series was loads better than that Starforce crap.

I'm just shocked they didn't do more than 1 game. They have the space, why not use it? Meh.

15. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Well to be honest, I could see this having been done right, had it not been so lazy-

- redesigned high quality 2D level and character art, maybe add some idle animations
    - totally remixed soundtrack like they did to the DS version of Battle Network 5
    - make battles 3D, but use the 3x9 grid battles of the originals
    - remix the story completely. If you're going to add a time paradox with Geo, you might as well add some transformations and refine the combat to be more like the later titles. Add some better story elements. It's a good concept, but needs to be matured.
    - redesign the internet, or use the same layout, but add some style. You can't even tell when you're in the undernet in this one. A map fixes the confusing layout at least, now it just needs a style change.
    - make it so that maybe the time paradox altered the entire future, create a NEW series of these games where the story follows the originals somewhat, but has drastic changes thanks to the paradox.

16. f3ar000

Member f3ar000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I kinda wish this used starforce's 3d engine but in the same EXE camera positon
    im exited for this because of the crossover gameplay

17. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    I'll be complaining if the voice acting in this is shit like how they did starforce 3. [​IMG] (talking bout the english version when it comes out) At least undubbing is easy on megaman games usually. Trust me the escape system in bn1 was utter shit. The add system was crappy as well. Hmmm what else the chip trader could be easily abused which is most likely fixed in this one. Hopefully they won't do the extremely over powered enemies as well and the hp doesn't refill every battle.
    If they did all these they would be making a port with some extra stuff and improving the system vastly. I hated getting one shot by viruses. [​IMG]

18. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm still shocked it hasn't been dumped yet... Oh well, I'm patient. Sort of...

19. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Cant wait to play Capcom's latest Pokemon game. [​IMG]

20. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I agree with most of that. They could have made new models, revamped the web and such; but I don't think MMBN should be 3-D. I'll always be someone who prefers beautiful 2-D sprites, over mostly blocky and ugly 3-D (I do admit it's getting better.)

I'm just glad the .exe franchise is getting attention again. Time for 7!