Rockband Wii Out In June

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Mar 24, 2008.

Mar 24, 2008

Rockband Wii Out In June by Hadrian at 6:30 PM (1,137 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=38603

Cambridge, MA - March 24, 2007– Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, and MTV Games, a division of MTV Networks, which is a division of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), along with distribution partner Electronic Arts, Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced plans to release the award-winning music video game Rock Band on the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo in the U.S. and Canada on June 22, 2008 for the suggested retail price of $169.99.

Rock Band for Wii will be released as a Special Edition bundle including the software, drums, microphone and a wireless guitar. Stand alone instruments will also be available on June 22nd for people who want to build their band one instrument at a time or want to play the drum versus drum game mode. The game will feature 63 songs including five bonus songs for Wii gamers to enjoy.

“The Wii’s success among casual and core gamers of all ages makes it an ideal match for the cross-generational appeal of the music featured in Rock Band,” says Bob Picunko, Vice President of Electronic Games and Interactive Products, MTV

“The social interaction and addictive nature of the Rock Band experience is a perfect fit for the Wii and will undoubtedly be fun for the entire family,” says Steve Singer, licensing VP from Nintendo.

Rock Band is an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune - all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Featuring the most master recordings of any music game ever by the world’s biggest rock artists, Rock Band includes tracks that span every genre of rock ranging from alternative and classic rock to heavy metal and punk. Rock Band has garnered over 40 awards this year including Game Critics Award: Best of Show E3 2007 and three awards at The 11th Annual Interactive Achievement Awards including Outstanding Innovation in Gaming, Family Game of the Year, and Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack.

Rock Band is rated “T” for Teen (lyrics, mild suggestive themes) by the ESRB.

Rock Band is currently available on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and on the PLAYSTATION®2 computer entertainment system.

2. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Awesome....

3. Lost Racer

Newcomer Lost Racer Member

United States
  4. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    So... When is the US release?

5. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
  6. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    -So... When is the US release?

"today announced plans to release the award-winning music video game Rock Band on the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo in the U.S. and Canada on June 22, 2008 for the suggested retail price of $169.99."

7. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    It makes me glad to have a 360 so i can get the games like this that really matter and enjoy them fully.

The wii needs to really sort out its online capabilities.

8. Serabii

Member Serabii GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    I love the fact that the Wii is getting a Rockband game but it's a Goddamn DIRTY PORT which makes me even more disappointed for the developers that only makes games for the Wii just for easy cash out...

Fucking port from the PS2 makes me wonder why bother delaying the announcement of the game for the Wii if it just port it the same as the PS2 counterpart.

I don't care if they have 63 tracks and plus 5 bonus songs... DLC is a must for gaming today and not having one especially for Rockband is a short game to play.

I'm just saying that at least give effort to the Wii with an SD card support for DLC songs and/or online capabilities just like GHIII.

9. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    No online play, no purchase. It's simple as that for me [​IMG]

10. ubersk8kid

Newcomer ubersk8kid Advanced Member

Canada
    What they should've done is make it so there was a reason to get the Wii version.

OOOO 5 bonus songs, thats great! Lots of effort to make Wii gamers happy. Plus there is no Wi-Fi, even better! (NOT!)
    Unless the 5 bonus songs are like Nintendo game songs or something. Would be cool if "Big Blue" from F-Zero (or something like that, but with lyrics) or maybe "Live and Learn" form Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was some of the bonus songs. Probably wont be though.

Why not almost make it like Rock band "2ish" with 30 different songs instead of the same 63 from all the other consoles, so it would still have 33 of the good songs still on there. Then its like downloadable content was already on the disk, and these 30 new songs were for Wii only for a while, then later on (like 1-3 months later) release them for the 360/PS3 as downloadable content so everyone is happy.

I will probably still get it though. My brother has a 360, and he still doesn't have RockBand, maybe i'll get it at the same time he does if he doesn't get it till the summer.

What is everyone else doing?
    Anyone choosing Rockband over GH4? or vise versa?

11. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    WAIT!
    NO DLC? screw it, i belive no one is going to pay 170$ for a game with NO updates