Rockband 2 Wireless instruments do not work on Rockband 1 with Backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dharmaboy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Dharmaboy

Newcomer Dharmaboy Advanced Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I did searches upon searches and decided to post a thread.

I have a backup of RB1. My Game loads fine etc. My wireless controllers stop working and just freeze up. The blue flashing lights for the USB Wireless receivers stop flashing and when I press the sync buttons they just stay unlit and nothing works except for my Wiimote as player 1.

Please go easy on me, maybe I missed a tutorial but any help would be great.

I have been reading stuff about the USB loader etc but I find that more for RB2 backups. I have a purchased RB2 disc so everything works fine there.

Thanks in advance.
  2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    A cold cold place
    I believe there is an issue with Rock Band on the Wii for backup loaders and the controllers as it does not just apply to just the original, as a couple of the track packs also do not work with some of the controllers. Rock Band 2 works with GH3 and GHWT controllers on a backup loader, however the original does not work with any controllers for some reason. I think there is a hardware bug that causes the Rock Band 2 controllers to not work on the original game for the Wii, either that or you have a bad copy of Rock Band.