Rockband 2 Wireless instruments do not work on Rockband 1 with Backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dharmaboy, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Dharmaboy
    OP

Dharmaboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2009
    Canada
    I did searches upon searches and decided to post a thread.

I have a backup of RB1. My Game loads fine etc. My wireless controllers stop working and just freeze up. The blue flashing lights for the USB Wireless receivers stop flashing and when I press the sync buttons they just stay unlit and nothing works except for my Wiimote as player 1.

Please go easy on me, maybe I missed a tutorial but any help would be great.

I have been reading stuff about the USB loader etc but I find that more for RB2 backups. I have a purchased RB2 disc so everything works fine there.

Thanks in advance.

2. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    I believe there is an issue with Rock Band on the Wii for backup loaders and the controllers as it does not just apply to just the original, as a couple of the track packs also do not work with some of the controllers. Rock Band 2 works with GH3 and GHWT controllers on a backup loader, however the original does not work with any controllers for some reason. I think there is a hardware bug that causes the Rock Band 2 controllers to not work on the original game for the Wii, either that or you have a bad copy of Rock Band.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice