ZeroX_9876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I've recently used Riivolution to inject custom level in my NSMBwii and I heard that you could do customs with rockband 2 with the help of Riivolution.
What I have and what I want:

I have a wasabi zero modchip
I don't have any sort of homebrew, except the bannerbomb exploit on a sd card to load Riivolution
I got a good lot of rockbands and guitar heros games.

I want to be able to play them in the same game without having to switch disc every time or to mix and match the songs I like the most.
I would prefer to have them all on the same games, but it's probably not possible, so

If someone could told me if I can add DLCs music on rockband (1 or 2) with only a wiimodchip and the bannerbomb exploit to load the riivolution or anything of the sort?
adding custom levels to NSMB wii was pretty easy, so addign custom music shouldn't be that hard either.
and I want to know to if I can only replace existing music by customs (or import) OR am I able to ADD any number of songs without removing the original song that came with the disc ( a little like when I buy additionnal songs on the wiishop, they add up in a different section)?

I know it's a pretty big question I'm asking right now, but any help would be really nice

Thanks in advance!:D

ZeroX_9876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, I heard a little about it, but can I use it without the HBC? like with just bannerbomb and without any chance of bricking my wii?

ZeroX_9876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have to use the patcher that comes with the Rawksd ( no chance of bricking right?), run the rawksd installer, set the customs on my pc,etc. and it should work.

The last thing I want to know: Can I take DLCs ( like limelight original version - Rush) and import/install it with RawkSD?
do I have to set the charts file and the mp3 files by myself to add DLCs stuff or can RawkSD can import it just like it can import from isos of the other games?
oh and I already patch IOS37 when I've used Riivolution for the NSMB wii cusotm level, does it change something or do I have to patch it again?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Yes, repatch it.
2) No.
3) You can create your own and it will import from other games.
4) You'll have to repatch it. Right now, Riivolution and RawkSD don't play nice.

ZeroX_9876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks a lot for the info!

so If I'm right, I can still extract all the files from a dlc aned create a custom song with it. It's like, if I want the song Limelight from rush, I could take the real rockband charts , the real guitar, drum, bass and mic tracks and create a "custom" song, but that is in reality a DLC just recompiled by me right?

and just to know, Can I use any sd card size, or is there the 2gb limit( not sdhc)?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroX_9876 said:
thanks a lot for the info!

so If I'm right, I can still extract all the files from a dlc aned create a custom song with it. It's like, if I want the song Limelight from rush, I could take the real rockband charts , the real guitar, drum, bass and mic tracks and create a "custom" song, but that is in reality a DLC just recompiled by me right?

and just to know, Can I use any sd card size, or is there the 2gb limit( not sdhc)?

RawkSD doesn't support DLC files, nor does it support DLC piracy. It generates a different kind of audio (mogg, to be exact). DLC piracy is a whole different subject that I won't touch upon.

Yes, the limit is Rock Band 2's fault, though. RawkSD 3.0 will have USB/SDHC support, however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality