brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gbasp.gif
I am running V3.2u on my wii, and got rockband (real game, from EBgames,NTSCver. not a downloaded/burnd iso), on my wii i installed starfall via homebrew channel, for starfall i installed and . when i runn rockband, my wii reads the game, bt when i click "start" the screen goes black and i must turn off my wii via forced power off, can this be fixed via the update. i have 2 questions about this update

1) is there any way at all to run this on 3.2u? i would mutch rather keep my starfall and other apps that only run on 3.2u
(plz IF something does work, NUTHING TO COMPLICATED, i have some computer skills.

2) IF there is no way to play without updateing will this update me to 3.3 or 3.4, (i dont mind 3.3 but i really dont want 3.4) and if i update to 3.3,
will my drivechip still run.(i dont know what chip i have) thanks!

thanks to any help!

seriosly, nuthing....im thinking i should update, nut im not shure i want to starfall, but i suppose i can loose it, just gave me some advice!!!

plus i im trying to run de blob for wii, but i had to turca sign it, i heard that 3.3 disables turchasinged games, is this true, of is there a waty around it plz help!!!!!

plz hwlp!!!! its rock band 1 not 2!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Extract IOS37 from the disc and install it with WAD Manager. If you still aren't able to start the game from the disc channel, get SoftChip and set it to use IOS37.

brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
Extract IOS37 from the disc and install it with WAD Manager. If you still aren't able to start the game from the disc channel, get SoftChip and set it to use IOS37.

i dont have the burned .iso i have the real game, my cd/dvd drive isnt capable of reading the games, i cant exxtract/read/copy any,real games

i suppose i havt to update, will this fix the black screen problem, or do i have to dawnlaod the game, extract the file and then run that on my wii with WAD manager (what is wad manager btw) and then play, maybe i can just download IOS37 OMG IM SO CONFUSED, SHOULD I JUST UPDATE OR WILL THAT SCREW UP THE GAME FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
brokencheese said:
WiiPower said:

i dont have the burned .iso i have the real game, my cd/dvd drive isnt capable of reading the games, i cant exxtract/read/copy any,real games

i suppose i havt to update, will this fix the black screen problem, or do i have to dawnlaod the game, extract the file and then run that on my wii with WAD manager (what is wad manager btw) and then play, maybe i can just download IOS37 OMG IM SO CONFUSED, SHOULD I JUST UPDATE OR WILL THAT SCREW UP THE GAME FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!

Just get wufe.

AND THIS IS ANNOYING!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get the HTTPDiscDumper for the Homebrew Channel... dump your game over WiFi to your PC. Use WiiScrubber to extract the IOS wads from the update partition, and put them on your SD card. Use WADManager 1.21 to install them on your Wii.

Whole process will take about 4 hours, but you'll be able to keep Starfall, and stay on 3.2

EDIT

WADManager is just WADInstaller and WADUnintaller combined into one program. It will list all the WADs on your SD Card in the WADS folder. You scroll to the one you want, and press + to install it, or - to uninstall it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zidane_genome said:
Get the HTTPDiscDumper for the Homebrew Channel... dump your game over WiFi to your PC. Use WiiScrubber to extract the IOS wads from the update partition, and put them on your SD card. Use WADManager 1.21 to install them on your Wii.

Whole process will take about 4 hours, but you'll be able to keep Starfall, and stay on 3.2

wufe takes less than 20 minutes if i remember correctly

brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just get wufe.

AND THIS IS ANNOYING!
[/quote]

3last questions (i swear, aslong as theres nuthing complecated, remembr im a complete noob)

1) will my game work or not if i uninstall starfall and go 3.3? or will the screen still ba black after i press start

2)will turcha singed disks still work on 3.3, (w/ loader of corse)

3) if i download rockband.iso and extract that file you told me about what do i do with it, what is wad manager, is that the app that is included in the homebrew packade, how do i use it

thans for the help i will get the habg of this, eventuilly

sorru for annoying you b4
unsure.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game will work if you update, but most people don't want to update. Just extract and install IOS37 and the game should work. If you update most if not all trucha signed games will not work, and with the original IOS37 installed, a truch signed Rock Band will not work, you need a cIOS37 for this.

KkNo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the most simple thing is google

... If you need IOS 37

And WAD manager is an aplication created by Waninkoko and it installs and uninstalls WADs, download it on Waninkokos page or google it...

brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmmm i only have 11 turcha singed game, but that will cange soon wont it....

i gueess im going to do that iso382 or what ever w/ that thing made by that guy, im in a hurry now so il try the thing a little laiter thanks for ebrything

brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just wanna make shure i got it right,

first i should google IOS 37 because i cant extract it from the disk, then i out it on the root of my SD CARD and install them via WAD managar
then the game should run and i can keep my turchasinged games??? is it really that simple??

SWEET

(is it really that east or did i completly screw up and get the hole prosses wrong?

brokencheese

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just give me yes or a no i just wanna know if i got the prosses right, ifi didnt im not going to even try, just plz tell m
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
e (y) or (n)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can extract IOS37 from your disc and all trucha signed games which work now will still be working. With the original IOS37 a trucha signed Rock Band will not work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thawkins1 said:
Is this Rockband2 or 1 because both 1 and 2 work perfectly fine on my wii without the updates I'm on 3.2U.

You either installed IOS37 manually, you aren't using the usb instruments or you are using a cIOS37 with a backup launcher.

thawkins1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
thawkins1 said:
Is this Rockband2 or 1 because both 1 and 2 work perfectly fine on my wii without the updates I'm on 3.2U.

You either installed IOS37 manually, you aren't using the usb instruments or you are using a cIOS37 with a backup launcher.

No I'm not using the USB instruments...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.