OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been mentioned but I've been searching and all the words usb, dlc, and rock band are way too common to direct me anywhere useful. so is there any development for using an external usb hard drive to store and play rock band dlc off of or is this just a dream at this point?

thanks

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
playing DLC off external media other than SD is most definitely related to RawkSD. but a word of warning OP... bug anyone in that thread about RawkSD 3.0 and prepare to be flamed

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
vegemikee said:
playing DLC off external media other than SD is most definitely related to RawkSD. but a word of warning OP... bug anyone in that thread about RawkSD 3.0 and prepare to be flamed
Yes and no. Playing DLC off external media usually means nand emulation or some other weird means, which is entirely unrelated to RawkSD (whose purpose is customs). Playing DLC off external media also implies DLC piracy, which is frowned upon. We just generally don't want the thread to get filled up with questions and discussions about Hermes' loaders and nand packing. Read back a few pages to find information, but don't repost questions.

Talking about Rawk v3 doesn't result in flaming, but most Rawk v3 questions are either questions which have already been asked or begging for a release date... use common sense when posting.

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
vegemikee said:
Yes and no. Playing DLC off external media usually means nand emulation or some other weird means, which is entirely unrelated to RawkSD (whose purpose is customs). Playing DLC off external media also implies DLC piracy, which is frowned upon. We just generally don't want the thread to get filled up with questions and discussions about Hermes' loaders and nand packing. Read back a few pages to find information, but don't repost questions.

Talking about Rawk v3 doesn't result in flaming, but most Rawk v3 questions are either questions which have already been asked or begging for a release date... use common sense when posting.

Playing DLC off of an external source does not imply piracy. I don't know about you but in the country I am from its innocent until proven guilty. And I am sick and tired of the piracy hypocrites here. You open up your ipod and you tell me every song that you have on there is a song you paid for (yeah right). You have no right to assume that because someone wants to use nand emulation to store dlc on an external hard drive that they are a pirate.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"custom" songs are piracy too. importing one song from one game to play on a different game is piracy also. and i don't think anyone here legitimately holds rights to any multi-track master songs to be making customs out of them.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flippinphil said:
Playing DLC off of an external source does not imply piracy. I don't know about you but in the country I am from its innocent until proven guilty. And I am sick and tired of the piracy hypocrites here. You open up your ipod and you tell me every song that you have on there is a song you paid for (yeah right). You have no right to assume that because someone wants to use nand emulation to store dlc on an external hard drive that they are a pirate.Hypocrisy aside, the only reason they actually care about pirating DLC is because people feel like they have to ask questions about bugs and workarounds that wouldn't be problematic if they weren't using backup discs or pirated DLC. None of the RawkSD regulars are any more innocent than you are, but some of us dislike answering useless questions repeatedly. Also, there are few if any people who have purchased more than 100 songs for Wii RB2 legitimately, and I can guarantee that almost none of them have modded Wiis or use this site.

QUOTE(nando @ Mar 8 2010, 11:52 AM) "custom" songs are piracy too. importing one song from one game to play on a different game is piracy also. and i don't think anyone here legitimately holds rights to any multi-track master songs to be making customs out of them.
Yes, except custom songs and imports are what RawkSD is designed to handle. DLC is not.

In short: if you can figure out a way, good for you. Post a thread about it. But RawkSD isn't the place.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
And most threads seem to go off on a tangent about piracy... The original question was not "Am i pirate if i want to do this?", it was a simple, "Can someone help me with this?"

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My response was simply following up on another user's statement. The thread was adequately answered by the first response - there's a fairly-detailed guide linked there. Just don't post in RawkSD for help about it. Perhaps the guide should be copied to its own topic to avoid further questions.

hotsammysliz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the responses. And for the piracy statements relating to what I originally asked I was simply just curious to if there is a way to play DLC off of my hard drive since we all know how small the wiis nand is and that a 4gb card is not that much larger in comparison to all the DLC out on rock band. I personally have no interest in rawksd songs. I was not worried at all with means in which one got the DLC (legitimately or pirating) just being able to have more space for my DLC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol