Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rock-band-unplugged-2_qjgenth.jpg

QUOTE said:
Rock Band Unplugged to utilize the first fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content on the PSP system

Guildford, UK., 8th April- Harmonix, the world’s leading developer of music-based games, MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), and distribution partner Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced plans today to release Rock Band Unplugged exclusively for the PSP (PlayStation®Portable) system. The game will be available in North America and Europe beginning June 9, 2009, with software retailing for £29.99 in the United Kingdom.
“Rock Band Unplugged reinvents band gameplay while staying true to the authentic feel of the Rock Band console games,” said Bob Picunko, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games for MTV Games. “Harmonix delivers innovation with every game they develop and we are excited to continue our long-list of industry firsts with the Rock Band in-game wireless music store on the PSP system.”
Rock Band Unplugged creates a full band experience in the palm of your hand by combining traditional beat match gameplay with key elements from both Rock Band and Rock Band 2, such as overdrive and chords. Your hands are the “peripherals” in Rock Band Unplugged, allowing you to take direct control of the lead/bass guitars, drums and vocals. In addition, players can expect a rich Rock Band experience with fully functional modes like World Tour, Band Survival and Warm Up and a robust character creator for full customization.

Rock Band Unplugged will feature over 40 master-recordings including nine exclusive new songs that will debut on the PSP system before being offered as downloadable content for console versions of Rock Band. Plus, Rock Band Unplugged will include the first fully-featured in-game store for downloadable content on the PSP system in the North American and European markets, leveraging the PSP system’s wireless capabilities. The in-game store will be powered by PlayStation®Network, and players will be able to use their existing PlayStation Network account to purchase tracks, similar to the Rock Band console experience. PSP system owners will also have the option of purchasing tracks via PlayStation®Store on the PC.

The following tracks will launch exclusively through Rock Band Unplugged on the PSP system for a limited time before becoming downloadable content for the other platforms:

• 3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
• AFI - "Miss Murder"
• Alice in Chains - "Would?"
• Audioslave - "Gasoline"
• Black Tide - "Show Me the Way"
• Blink 182 - "What's My Age Again"
• Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rokk"
• Jackson 5 - "ABC"
• Tenacious D - "Rock Your Socks"

Rock Band is the ultimate platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music like never before. The game challenges players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune – all while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals. Featuring the most master recordings of any music game ever by the world’s biggest rock artists, Rock Band includes tracks that span every genre of rock ranging from alternative and classic rock, to heavy metal and punk.

Rock Band Unplugged is developed by Harmonix in partnership with Backbone Entertainment, a Foundation 9 Entertainment studio, and based on the award-winning Rock Band series of games.

For more information on Rock Band Unplugged and Harmonix Music Systems please visit www.rockband.com.

It will be priced at US$39.99 for North America. There's also a limited edition PSP bundle complete with Rock Band Unplugged branded PSP, the game, a voucher to download Paramount Pictures' School of Rock from the PlayStation Store and a 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo. All yours for $199.99.

News Source(s): Kotaku, MaxConsole, and PSPUpdates

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still do not understand how it plays. Is it just pressing the buttons? Is there some sort of USB peripheral?

I already have a Guitar Hero on my phone that involves pressing buttons, and it's not that great.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
I still do not understand how it plays. Is it just pressing the buttons? Is there some sort of USB peripheral?

I already have a Guitar Hero on my phone that involves pressing buttons, and it's not that great.

Yeah see

QUOTEYour hands are the “peripherals” in Rock Band Unplugged, allowing you to take direct control of the lead/bass guitars, drums and vocals.

Its pressing buttons.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I read that part but wasn't sure how to interpret it. It seems like they're dodging around the fact that it's just pressing the normal buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality