Rock Band UK Prices

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Apr 8, 2008.

Apr 8, 2008

Rock Band UK Prices by Hadrian at 1:12 PM (1,018 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well it looks like EA are gonna really bum us hard with this one. I'm sure this game will fail pretty hard when it gets released over here, just take a look at the RRP:

Instrument Edition: £129.99 You get a mic, a guitar and a set of drums but NO GAME!
    Rock Band disc: £49.99.

Incidentally if you need extra instruments:
    Wireless Guitar: £59.99
    Wireless Drums: £69.99

So for the full experience £179.98! Converted into dollars it is about $359, the US version I may add only cost $169 when it was released last year. There is no fucking way that I'd pay £50 for the pleasure of only being able to play a game with just a gamepad.

Source

As said last week we'll finally get the game May 23rd for the 360 and in June for PS3, PS2 & Wii.

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    You can buy it on import already for between £150 & £180.

So, if you want it, no point in waiting ... except for 360 version, which is region-locked.

I've had the PS3 edition since launch ... got it for £179, including shipping, and customs fees.

3. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    haha, this game is gonna fail so hard over here. No large amount of people are going to pay the price of a 360/Wii for a game and some fake instruments.

4. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Instrument Edition sounds promising for those that may like to "acquire" the game themselves. I know I waited to get a stand alone Guitar Hero Guitar rather than the game bundle as I had ah, "acquired" the game on its own earlier.
    Wonder if that applies in OZ too..?

Anyone have Aussie pricing info for Rock Band?
    I know it'll be expensive but I'm sure some band members will help absorb my costs.

5. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    ROFL , that's rock band's fate sealed. Game is just gonna fail. Only thing I can see is people buying instruments and then downloading the game.