Hacking rock band instruments not working with HBC?

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yesterday i downgraded my wii to firmware 3.2 so i have been loading games with gecko OS. now today when i try to play rock band 2 my wireless intruments will not connect. i dont want to undo 3 hours of homebrew to fix this if i dont have to. does anyone know what i can do?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djjomon said:
i dont see why they wouldnt work but this only happened after i got homebrew and downgraded to firmware 3.2. does anyone know what to do?

???
You can use the rock band instruments as wiimote replacement? I'm totally confused.
wacko.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do they still work, when you launch the game from the disc channel? I would expect usb instrument not to work with Gecko OS.

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on firmware 3.2. i cant use the disc channel without updating and losing my homebrew.

after doing some research i found a menu loader that resets the wii under specific custom options. after using it i tried playing RB2 and didnt have any luck. after going back to the wii menu via the home button i was able to load the game with the disc channel (some how) without upgrading. now i just need to play around and make sure that all of my homebrew is still on the wii

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you are at 3.2, get starfall and enable its update blocker. The disc channel won't prompt you to update anymore with this. And if you enable the 2 options needed to autoboot Zelda and have the twilight savegame still on your Wii, you have some protection against bricks, not 100%, but very useful if you need it. If you want to use this feature TEST IT!

djjomon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already had a backed up copy of my TP save so thats not a problem. and i used the wii menu loader to reset the wii and block updates. its a little bit of a hassle but it works for me. and the drums are currently in use too

i do still have my homebrew

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Starfall installs permanently(until you deinstall it or update), and the brick protection is a must if you want to install custom channels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended