Rock Band Drums Compaditibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JustChillin1414, Oct 18, 2009.

Oct 18, 2009
  1. JustChillin1414
    OP

Member JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Canada
    Is there any homebrew that makes the rock band 1 drums compatible with any of the guitar hero games eg. Smash Hits and World Tour? Or are the rock band 1 drums already compatible? If there isn't I think this would be a really cool homebrew project. Let me know.

2. masterdeluxe247

Newcomer masterdeluxe247 Member

United States
    I know they are for the 360. So I would assume it's the same for the Wii.

3. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The Wii compatibility is different since the Wii peripherals have gone through a few changes (wired-wireless, etc). As it stands now, the RB1/RB2 drums are compatible only with GH5 on the Guitar Hero side.

Now for the real question of whether homebrew can overcome this shortcoming: so far, nothing has been developed. The main issue is that the games themselves do not initialize the USB slots or whatever other connections are needed and do not know how to read/mount the non-GH instruments. It would take either a modified game image or perhaps a very lengthy Gecko code to make the Wii auto-map a USB instrument into a non-USB game.

That being said, if you think you can wrangle the technical details of it, go for it and let us know.

4. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    from what ive learned its like this
    ps3/360
    world tour-rb1/rb2/TBRB yes
    gh5-rb1/rb2/TBRB yes

wii
    rb2/TBRB-world tour
    rb2/TBRB-gh5

for some reason rb1 isnt compatible on wii accoriding to a compatibility chart on the rockband website

5. mayhem366

Member mayhem366 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This is one reason why the Wii is a little annoying for music games. I find the best option is to download FoFix for the PC (Frets of Fire mod), go to the forums for it and you can find all songs for GH1-5 and all the Rock Bands (+track packs and DLC). Download the RB2 theme for it and sorted, rock band kit works in the PC with no need to search for drivers and there, cross-compatibilty across everything.