Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_52484.jpg

Rock Band appears to be coming back, but this time ditching the weight of the instruments in the Playstation Network/Xbox Live Arcade exclusive Rock Band Blitz.

Harmonix, makers of Rock Band, Frequency, and Amplitude, announced that this latest downloadable game won't be using instrument controllers, unlike their previous three Rock Band games. Instead, it'll play more like their handheld spin offs, including Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP as well as Lego Rock Band and Rock Band 3 for the DS.

The game will feature 25 songs, all of which can also be played on your copy of Rock Band 3. Additionally, any songs you downloaded for Rock Band are compatible with Rock Band Blitz.

No release date was given, but it is apparently set for this summer. You can watch the announcement trailer at the link below.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Announcement Trailer

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Huge Rock Band fan here so I'm buying this. Sounds like a good game where you just wanna play that song but don't have, say, batteries for your drum kit or guitars. Awesome to know that my 700+ song library can be used for this game as well. Through The Fire And Flames would be insane.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm working this in somehow...

This leaves me with one question: Will this be a resounding and influential success like the Rolling Stones, or should Harmonix have just quit while they were ahead instead of dragging the inevitable out and embarrassing themselves... like the Rolling Stones?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would I want to use my controller when I could use the guitar, drums, etc? These games are fun because of the instruments. I got bored of the DS and PSP versions of Rock Band for the very reason that they didn't have the charm. They were just generic rhythm games with the Rock Band name.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's pretty much just FreQuency/Amplitude (which i loved), just less interesting. It just doesn't seem like the kind of music I'd want to play with a controller.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would I want to use my controller when I could use the guitar, drums, etc? These games are fun because of the instruments. I got bored of the DS and PSP versions of Rock Band for the very reason that they didn't have the charm. They were just generic rhythm games with the Rock Band name.

because you can't play drums with a guitar.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell no wii? i'm going have to have to RB3 and DLC songs i like one for ps3 ah two letters F U but still it would be nice if they had this for beatles rock band LOL!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?