Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Will the guitars for Rockband work on Guitar Hero or visa-versa?

I'm looking at finally buying a 360 after Christmas and plan on getting Rock Band and Guitar Hero II & III. But I really don't want to buy 4 guitars (2 for RB and 2 for GH).

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Here's how the compatibility works:
Gibson Xplorer:
• Guitar Hero II
• Guitar Hero III
• Rock Band

Gibson Les Paul**
• Guitar Hero II
• Guitar Hero III
• Rock Band

Fender Stratocaster
• Rock Band

As you can see, the Strat is not compatible with the GH games.

**This only applies to the X360 version of Rock Band, the PS3 Les Paul does not work on Rock Band.

Samutz

OP
Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info.
I plan on getting RB first since I already have GH3 on PS2.
I guess I'll have to buy RB by itself, 2 Gibson guitars, and the RB drums separately.

Still a crap load of cash, but at least I don't have to buy 4 guitars to play with my friends.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh wtf why doesn't the Rock Band guitar work on Guitar Hero?

Currently, Activision and Harmonix/EA are having a little tiff involving a patch they were attempting to release involving allowing the Les Paul GH Controller to work with Rock Band on the PS3. Activision has blocked Sony from releasing the patch and refuses to budge on the matter for no really feasible reason.

I would imagine that the reason that the Rock Band Controller does not work with the GH games is because they disallowed that as well. They seem very bitter that Harmonix left it seems...

- Fitzy

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Currently, Activision and Harmonix/EA are having a little tiff involving a patch they were attempting to release involving allowing the Les Paul GH Controller to work with Rock Band on the PS3. Activision has blocked Sony from releasing the patch and refuses to budge on the matter for no really feasible reason.

Yes, Activision probably wants money from Harmonix... That's usually what it's about. There's no other reason why the patch wouldn't be released. They don't care about what the people want, they just feel like holding their noses high.

QUOTEI would imagine that the reason that the Rock Band Controller does not work with the GH games is because they disallowed that as well. They seem very bitter that Harmonix left it seems...

This has nothing to do with Activision. I'm pretty sure this is all Harmonix here. Harmonix probably changed the way Rock Band handles reading the Strat, which is in a way that Guitar Hero doesn't understand. I'm sure they could have made it an 'open standard' guitar, but c'mon, they want you to buy the Strat to play on Rock Band, not on anything else
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol