Rock Band 3's Pro mode and the guitar

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Crimsonclaw111, Jun 12, 2010.

Jun 12, 2010
  1. Crimsonclaw111
    OP

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Now that we know RB3 will have a pro mode and a fully functioning guitar/controller hybrid, do you think it's likely that Harmonix/Fender will release a bass guitar version?
    I assume they will, unless they decide to use the first 4 strings on the Stratocaster as an alternative...
    But then it wouldn't be a bass guitar when plugged into an amp [​IMG]
    Thoughts?

2. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    The guitars can't be plugged into an amp anyway.
    They got a midi port though, which means it can convert the notes you play into digital notes you can use to create music on your computer or on a synthesizer.
    Not sure 'bout the bass, was thinking the same thing. My guess is that they might make it able to remove two strings.

3. Crimsonclaw111
    OP

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wait, no amp? I thought that there was a special controller being made that doubled as a real instrument? Or did I misread?

4. NoOneDies

Member NoOneDies GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't get confused there are 2 guitars.

First the Pro-Guitar, which has 17 frets worth of buttons and the flipper got replaced by 6 strings.

And second one the Fender-Stratocaster which is a real electric guitar compatible with RB3 and can be used with an amplifier as well. That means you get a REAL guitar playable outside and within the game [​IMG]

EDIT: Sorry didn't look the date [​IMG]