Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8372.Rock-Band-3-Trailer-610.jpg

In an effort to address all the "rumors" and "misinformation" about the Rock Band 3 set lists, Harmonix today released a tongue-in-cheek video from Gamescom that indirectly confirms all 83-tracks found in the game.

The list and video are posted below:
- Amy Winehouse – Rehab
- Anthrax – Caught In A Mosh
- At the Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
- Avenged Sevenfold – Beast and the Harlot
- B-52?s – Rock Lobster
- The Beach Boys – Good Vibrations (Live)
- Big Country – In a Big Country
- Blondie – Heart of Glass
- Bob Marley & The Wailers – Get Up, Stand Up
- The Bronx – False Alarm
- Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4
- The Cure – Just Like Heaven
- David Bowie – Space Oddity
- Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
- Def Leppard – Foolin'
- Devo – Whip It
- Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
- Dire Straits – Walk of Life
- Doobie Brothers – China Grove
- The Doors – Break On Through
- Dover – King George
- Echo and the Bunnymen – Killing Moon
- Elton John – Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)
- Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
- Filter – Hey Man, Nice Shot
- Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
- Foreigner – Cold as Ice
- Golden Earring – Radar Love
- HIM – Killing Loneliness
- Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
- Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
- Ida Maria – Oh My God
- INXS – Need You Tonight
- J. Geils Band – Centerfold
- James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Jane's Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
- Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
- Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
- John Lennon – Imagine
- Juanes – Me Enamora
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
- Mana – Oye Mi Amor
- Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
- Metric – Combat Baby
- The Muffs – Outer Space
- Night Ranger – Sister Christian
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
- Paramore – Misery Business
- Phish – Llama
- Phoenix – Lasso
- The Police – Don't Stand So Close To Me
- Poni Hoax – Antibodies
- Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
- Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
- Queens Of The Stone Age – No One Knows
- Rammstein – Du Hast
- The Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
- Raveonettes – Last Dance
- Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
- Riverboat Gamblers – Don't Bury Me… I'm Still Not Dead
- Roxette – The Look
- Slipknot – Before I Forget
- Smash Mouth – Walkin' on the Sun
- The Smiths – Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before
- The Sounds – Living in America
- Spacehog – In the Meantime
- Steve Miller Band – Fly Like An Eagle
- Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
- Swingin' Utters – This Bastard's Life
- T.Rex – 20th Century Boy
- Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- Tegan and Sara – The Con
- Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
- Tokio Hotel – Humanoid
- Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers – I Need To Know
- The Vines – Get Free
- War – Low Rider
- Warren Zevon – Werewolves Of London
- The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
- Whitesnake – Here I Go Again
- The Who – I Can See For Miles
- Yes – Roundabout
[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Warriors of Rock can suck my balls, this is a set list. Varied, diverse, and with a lot of good songs.

I would like to point out Bohemian Rhapsody. Rock Band 3 has keyboards, right? That alone wins the game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theraima said:
Only the GH songs interest me a little but nothing too good -.- They put the same songs as Guitar Hero games..

Not really. There's tons of 80's music here. And not like "generic 80's "classic rock" and metal" music, like new wave and alternative 80's. It's a lot more diverse, which is good. If you're someone who has musical interests that go across genre to genre, then Rock Band is awesome. See as my dad's a nut for new wave 80's stuff, this really fits for me.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why the hell is Amy Winehouse in Rock Band? She sucks. And bad 80's hits are bad. That set list is weak, there is nothing really hard in this list aside from Crazy Train and Free Bird, and most of the tracks were already in Guitar Hero so it doesn't really make this game any better. Sure, with both RB games added into this, plus DLC the set list is superior, but the game itself looks like it will be horribly easy for guitar parts. I dig Primus finally getting their due in a game.

Honestly, do they really need to put the same shitty ass Joan Jett song in every fucking music game

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Why the hell is Amy Winehouse in Rock Band? She sucks. And bad 80's hits are bad. That set list is weak, there is nothing really hard in this list aside from Crazy Train and Free Bird, and most of the tracks were already in Guitar Hero so it doesn't really make this game any better. Sure, with both RB games added into this, plus DLC the set list is superior, but the game itself looks like it will be horribly easy for guitar parts. I dig Primus finally getting their due in a game.

Honestly, do they really need to put the same shitty ass Joan Jett song in every fucking music game

You clearly have no sense of music outisde of classic rock like many of our audio deprived teens so I'll refrain from further comment. Your "bad 80's hits" are what I grew up with and they somehow grew on me. Although you're right, Amy Whinehouse is shitty.

You also have to realize Rock Band isn't aimed at the "classic rock and nothing else" group that Guitar Hero is, it's meant to be, you know, universal. Plus this has keyboards so it wants to take advantage of that.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Theraima said:
Only the GH songs interest me a little but nothing too good -.- They put the same songs as Guitar Hero games..

Not really. There's tons of 80's music here. And not like "generic 80's "classic rock" and metal" music, like new wave and alternative 80's. It's a lot more diverse, which is good. If you're someone who has musical interests that go across genre to genre, then Rock Band is awesome. See as my dad's a nut for new wave 80's stuff, this really fits for me.
Sadly, I'm an 80's metal and rock person, as opposed to 80s new wave and alternative. And like Theraima said, the only songs that get my attention I've already played on at least one version of Guitar Hero (some have even been re-used on a newer GH).

Some of the songs on the setlist are original to GH/RB and are interesting, but a lot of it I've either never heard of or it doesn't appeal to me. I'm just glad they don't have any Kings of Leon on this one.
wink.gif

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO, it's a balanced set list, designed to make sure the new keyboard controller will be well used.

Plus, this set list has Low Rider.
yay.gif
That alone is enough for me.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there are definitely songs that were on Guitar Hero namely the first and second which, if I can recall, Harmonix created...hmmmm...

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres 2 songs i like, the killing moon and yoshimi battles the pink robots (even though are you a hypnotist?? would have been a better choice for a rhythm game). they didnt pick good inxs, janes addiction, metric or yes songs, imo

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
theres 2 songs i like, the killing moon and yoshimi battles the pink robots (even though are you a hypnotist?? would have been a better choice for a rhythm game). they didnt pick good inxs, janes addiction, metric or yes songs, imo
Cool thing about Rock Band is you can make song requests for DLC. If you request enough, you may just get them!

Just watched the video. That was pretty funny. Acting oblivious that we could see the songs. Ha!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A lot of meh stuff.

Some pretty awesome tracks:

- Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
- Dire Straits – Walk of Life
- The Doors – Break On Through
- Golden Earring – Radar Love
- John Lennon – Imagine
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
- Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
- Tears for Fears – Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Who cares about the set list anyway...............I just want the game, and then I'd like to play anything I want on it.
This is like living in the stone age of vinyl records, just because I like one song I'm forced to buy a supersized album with dozens of songs I couldn't care less.........

Wake up guys, stop swallowing anything these guys feed you, the choice is yours, choose your own destiny and boycott these games altogether !
Nowadays I download my music, if there is a song I like I go to an online store ( like Amazon, pure unprotected MP3 music at 99c ) and download it, listen to it on my PC or put it on my MP3 player .
If there is an artist I like, I download the whole CD ( even cheaper ) , or all his albums, because that's what I like to listen to and that's what gives me joy.
I have the freedom to chose.
I like this game , honestly, but why on hearth am I forced to listen to so much crap ( again , it's individual , what I consider crap you might love and vice-versa ).
Remember everyone of us is different and emotional perception trough music is totally dependent on the single individual himself.
I'm just tired of people deciding for me what's good to listen, it's like the stone age , really.
I love the new engine and the new instruments, but seriously, I want to be able to choose my songs.
I'd say give me the game for free ( like the free iTunes for example ), and allow me to pay and download whatever song I like from the ever expanding RB catalog.
Make money off the new instruments ( optional ), and digital download sales.
I swear they were into something when they started making band exclusive games , because either you like the band, or you don't , so you stay away from it, but a generic all-purpose, appeal-all set list il plain insulting to my intelligence, or lack of.
To this day I still actively play The Beatles, Van Halen and Aereosmith games, because (go ahead and call me retarded/old/tasteless/moron ) that's what I like and nobody can tell me what I should like.
I ranted before about this and I'll keep doing it until people will start to open their eyes.

That said, I will most likely buy RB3 for the new engine and new instruments, and I'll probably enjoy quite a few songs in it too, but God, we are still in the stone age of the medium, really.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
23qwerty said:
I'm a Rock Band fanboy, but Warrior's of Rock demolishes Rock Band 3's setlist.
The kicker? Warrior's of Rock has fucking 2112.

There are far better Rush albums than 2112.

This has Bohemian Rhapsody with keyboards. Not much beats that.

Warriors of Rock has an incredibly limited and closed off soundtrack. If you're limited and closed off to certain music genres you can play that.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting both this and GH:WOR. To me, both of these games' setlists look awesome. GHWOR ain't coming out until a month and when it comes out, that will keep me occupied. Such awesome songs.

If you think that RB3 is lacking metal, then let me show you Rock Band Network
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/