Hacking Rock Band 3 Error

Grosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello i have a question regarding the new game rock band 3.
When i try to download songs through the music store i get the error 204036.
Ive hacked the dlc with wads (sZAP.wad etc.) and i patched my IOS with Rawk SD Patcher.
All the songs in the music store are marked as purchased but when i try to download a song I get the error.
If i go into the music store in rock band 2 then there is no problem at all, i can just download my songs fine.
I have a PAL game and a PAL wii. I have system update 4.2E. I play the game with a mod chip (so no use of neogamma or usb loader or anything else.)
If anybody can help me with this i will be very thankful because im dying to download some new song because rock band now finally suports SDHC Cards.
biggrin.gif

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RawkSD patcher did nothing for you because Rock Band 3 uses IOS56, not IOS37 (but the RawkSD patcher is useless and unsupported now anyway thanks to a Nintendo update of IOS37, so don't use it). You'll have to use DOP-Mii to patch IOS56, or if you're using a USB/disc loader, install a cIOS merged with IOS56.

I haven't tested the hacked wads personally, so it's entirely possible that they did manage to disable them.

Grosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KyleJCrb said:
The RawkSD patcher did nothing for you because Rock Band 3 uses IOS56, not IOS37 (but the RawkSD patcher is useless and unsupported now anyway thanks to a Nintendo update of IOS37, so don't use it). You'll have to use DOP-Mii to patch IOS56, or if you're using a USB/disc loader, install a cIOS merged with IOS56.

Is it save to patch IOS56 with DOP-Mii? Because of course I dont want my wii to get bricked.

KyleJCrb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grosi said:
KyleJCrb said:

Is it save to patch IOS56 with DOP-Mii? Because of course I dont want my wii to get bricked.

Shouldn't hurt any more than patching IOS37 did for RawkSD. Just press Yes to all patching options.

Grosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
KyleJCrb said:
Grosi said:
KyleJCrb said:

Shouldn't hurt any more than patching IOS37 did for RawkSD. Just press Yes to all patching options.

Sorry for being a noob but can you PLEASE explain me how i have to patch IOS56 with DOP-Mii because i have DOP-Mii now in my homebrew channel but i really don't know what to do. And i don't want to brick my wii.

Edit: I now have IOS56-64-v5662.wad installed with wad manager. But i still get the same error.

Edit 2: YESSSSSSS, I managed to patch IOS56 with Dop-Mii. And now i can download every song in the wii music store in rock band 3.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. BTW: The download time is like 5x faster then Rock Band 2.
biggrin.gif

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a new .wad file for RB3 dlc - or is having the RB2 (Gen 1-5) dlc .wad files installed enough for now provided you've patched IOS56?

I've got all the Gen 1-5 dlc tracks in RB3 marked as purchased, but when I try to download one of them I get the 204036 error. Thanks!

hulk691

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I use wiiflow to launch the game by disc and by HDD and got no issue downloading the Free DLC for The Doors including the Pro mode (It's on offer for 1 week only I think & for 3 songs only).

I use cios 249 v20 with 56 base.

All previously "Purchase" DLC showed as "PURCHASED", so I guess you can re - download them again.

Only problem though, I cannot use my Kingston 8G SDHC with RB3. It can work with GH5. But the normal Kingston 2G SD got no problem.

choizmeatz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried this yet. I'm still waiting for the NTSC release. Has anyone tried RB3 on uLoader with all of the previously released DLC on HDD? How was it?

Grosi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heavyd2007 said:
Is there a new .wad file for RB3 dlc - or is having the RB2 (Gen 1-5) dlc .wad files installed enough for now provided you've patched IOS56?

I've got all the Gen 1-5 dlc tracks in RB3 marked as purchased, but when I try to download one of them I get the 204036 error. Thanks!

It is enough to have the gen 1-5 wads no new wads needed. But to get rid of the error you have to patch IOS56. You have to have homebrew browser. And then launch Dop-Mii (You have to put Dop-Mii on your apps folder on your sd card). Then press a to continue. Dan you have to stand on IOS: 36 and press a. Then you have to press A on IOS, BC, HIOS. Then you have to go to IOS 56. And do the newest version. Then press + to patch the IOS. This takes like 30 seconds or something. If youre don exit and turn off your wii. Turn on your wii go to rock band 3 and download everything you want.
biggrin.gif

This should work (it worked with me). But if something goes wrong im not the blame.

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grosi said:
heavyd2007 said:

It is enough to have the gen 1-5 wads no new wads needed. But to get rid of the error you have to patch IOS56. You have to have homebrew browser. And then launch Dop-Mii (You have to put Dop-Mii on your apps folder on your sd card). Then press a to continue. Dan you have to stand on IOS: 36 and press a. Then you have to press A on IOS, BC, HIOS. Then you have to go to IOS 56. And do the newest version. Then press + to patch the IOS. This takes like 30 seconds or something. If youre don exit and turn off your wii. Turn on your wii go to rock band 3 and download everything you want.
biggrin.gif

This should work (it worked with me). But if something goes wrong im not the blame.

Thanks! Worked like a charm - running RB3 (NTSC) through the disc channel with 32GB SDHC. I've confirmed that the following are working
1) able to import most of my old RB2, etc. DLC (I've played several tracks)
2) can re-download RB2 DLC in RB3 Music Store because it's labeled purchased (I've played several tracks)
3) can download the new RB3 free (Doors) tracks and play them.

Everything seems to be functioning as expected!

Thanks for your help Grosi!! Much appreciated!

thatguyinthatpla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heavyd2007 said:
Thanks! Worked like a charm - running RB3 (NTSC) through the disc channel with 32GB SDHC. I've confirmed that the following are working
1) able to import most of my old RB2, etc. DLC (I've played several tracks)
2) can re-download RB2 DLC in RB3 Music Store because it's labeled purchased (I've played several tracks)
3) can download the new RB3 free (Doors) tracks and play them.

Everything seems to be functioning as expected!

Thanks for your help Grosi!! Much appreciated!

When you downloaded the free Doors DLC, did you have to purchase them yourself, or where they already marked as purchased?

BobZhome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are three new The Doors songs listed as 0 points that you can download for free until November 1st.
All other songs in my Rock Band 3 music store are listed as purchased...must be because they are still classified as Generation 5 songs.

EDIT:
By the way Rock Band 3 has a 1000 song max limit, so your out of luck if you have a lot of DLC's!

iamarkane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i already patched my ios56 to the newest version using DOP mi but i still get the error 204036 whenever i try yo download songs... my wii system is 4.1u, does it have something to do with me using a pal RB3? i can access the nintendo store also help thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hulk691 said:
choizmeatz said:
Haven't tried this yet. I'm still waiting for the NTSC release. Has anyone tried RB3 on uLoader with all of the previously released DLC on HDD? How was it?

See here --->SDHC on RB3 (USB Loader)
and
here ---> using emulated NAND with uLoader

Hiya Hulk....I see you've moved over here too.

I tried w/uloader....cios 223... game loads, but freezes when it tries to load dlc from HDD.
Although I did have a bad disc (scratch)...game freezed while running from disc channel as well.
Just exchanged disc today and haven't tried hdd again. I'm gonna try again tomorrow.
I can use an sdhc card though (16gb).
I'm trying to find if anyone has been able to get the new dlc , not just the Doors songs (I got those).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.