Rock Band 3 DLC songs being deleted at startup. What am I doing wrong?

eadot91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone!

I just hacked my Wii for the first time ever yesterday (I have to thank you guys, I was sent to these forums a couple times when I was getting confused during the process), everything worked great, I tested a bunch of NTSC and PAL isos without problems, one of my favorite genere of games are the music ones, so I immediately downloaded Rock Band 3 and played all night, but of course I wanted more, so when I started researching and found I could also load DLC songs I was so excited! It was a rollercoaster, found a method, but it involved opening the music store which I guess doesn't work anymore. And after more research I once found a couple threads here and people recommending the Mariocube tutorial to convert wads into bin files.

I followed every step to the letter and I believe it worked because when I start the game I can see a little red bar showing up that would quickly fill, it's quick but I seem to remember it says something regarding additional content, apparently it's reading the DLC songs (as the counter would go up to about 20 which are the amount of songs I tried to install), but right after that loading bar is full I would get this message (pic attached): "The license for Add-On content has been deleted from the WiiSystemMemory. To use the add-on content re-download Add-on Content for which the license has been previously purchased."

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, I thought maybe there was just no way to make this work in 2022 but I just saw another thread were someone even has 2 Wiis with working DLC songs just in December last year...
I'm running a NTSC Iso of Rock Band 3, I used both NeoGamma and USB Loader GX with cIOS249.

Like I said, I'm pretty much new to this so I may not have a lot of specifics right now but if someone can direct me into checking something that might be important I would really appreciate your help.

Sorry in advance for any weird wording, English is not my mother language :shy:
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by eadot91,
Reactions: RockBandLover

RockBandLover

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am in the exact same spot as you (just hacked my Wii, and love rock band games) and have the same issue, if you find a solution I'd love to hear it. I also followed the Mariocube tutorial and I'm dying to get the DLC working. I also see the red bar and then get the exact same message "The license for add-on content has been deleted..." I followed the instructions perfectly too

I am running IOS 250 base 56 off of USB loader GX from a hard drive where my wbfs file is. Using a 4GB SDHC (and also tried a 64GB SDXC) but both get that error message. Both formatted FAT32 and the file structure is perfect

I am looking for someone more knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot as I am also brand new.

eadot91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am in the exact same spot as you (just hacked my Wii, and love rock band games) and have the same issue, if you find a solution I'd love to hear it. I also followed the Mariocube tutorial and I'm dying to get the DLC working. I also see the red bar and then get the exact same message "The license for add-on content has been deleted..." I followed the instructions perfectly too

I am running IOS 250 base 56 off of USB loader GX from a hard drive where my wbfs file is. Using a 4GB SDHC (and also tried a 64GB SDXC) but both get that error message. Both formatted FAT32 and the file structure is perfect

I am looking for someone more knowledgeable to help us troubleshoot as I am also brand new.

Sorry man, couldn't find any help. I gave up and ended up loading custom songs into RB3... although I would still love to get the DLCs to work, most of the DLC songs can't be found as customs so I'm still missing those :(

If you ever stumble into a fix or an alternative method please let me know!

TakeSora25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well, you uninstall and then install the bogus.wad??? when you install the wads, be sure to push the home button, if you turn off the wii and dont get out of the program with the home button the changes will not save...

• Sad
Reactions: eadot91

eadot91

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, you uninstall and then install the bogus.wad??? when you install the wads, be sure to push the home button, if you turn off the wii and dont get out of the program with the home button the changes will not save...
Yes, I actually saw a video where someone recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the wad files, I even saw someone else uninstalling, installing and uninstalling again and ignoring all the errors. I also always use the home button to get out of the Wii Mod Lite program and also to get out of the Homebrew Channel, I'm always afraid of screwing something up in the Wii if I turn it off from the power button while in one of those programs...

RockBandLover

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My fix for this was incredibly simple. I used YAWMM-Mod (not just YAWMM) to uninstall and then install the wads. Then the error didn't come up and the DLC songs are playable

The Mariocube tutorial says to use Wii Mod Lite, but that ended up being the issue.

Give that a try and let me know

warno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My fix for this was incredibly simple. I used YAWMM-Mod (not just YAWMM) to uninstall and then install the wads. Then the error didn't come up and the DLC songs are playable

The Mariocube tutorial says to use Wii Mod Lite, but that ended up being the issue.

Give that a try and let me know
Do you mind detailing the process used with YAWMM-Mod?
I' m having the exact same issue on my vWii(Wii U) using Wii Mod Lite and was hoping this might be the fix,
I've been using GX Loader with all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games for years with all the instruments flawlessly but have never fully figured out DLC...and I've looked and looked. I'm more of a lurker but I'm out of ideas.

warno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mind detailing the process used with YAWMM-Mod?
I' m having the exact same issue on my vWii(Wii U) using Wii Mod Lite and was hoping this might be the fix,
I've been using GX Loader with all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games for years with all the instruments flawlessly but have never fully figured out DLC...and I've looked and looked. I'm more of a lurker but I'm out of ideas.
I've found some promising info on the RockBand Customs site similar to what you posted, so I'll give that a go.

warno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If anyone is interested, I found success using YAWMM-Mod as well instead of the usual wad manager.
My process was to uninstall the wad, install it, uninstall it and install it one more time. It might not be necessary to do that many times but I swear i tried everything else.

pondit258

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is interested, I found success using YAWMM-Mod as well instead of the usual wad manager.
My process was to uninstall the wad, install it, uninstall it and install it one more time. It might not be necessary to do that many times but I swear i tried everything else.
Hi there! I'm looking at doing this and having a heck of a time, do you mind walking me through the process a little? THANK YOU!!!

pondit258

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: