Rock Band 3 DLC idea

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fubka, Apr 18, 2011.

Apr 18, 2011

Rock Band 3 DLC idea by fubka at 2:47 AM (1,366 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. fubka
    OP

Member fubka GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is it possible to add a app file to your real wii nand (not emulated) and when you start RB3 it will then convert the app files to bin files and save them onto your SDHC card?

You use to be able to use PC Tools to made the bin files and then directly add them to SD card; however, it now longer works with the RB3 DLC. THANKS!

2. fubka
    OP

Member fubka GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OK, is there any app out there that lets you add files to the nand instead of just delete them? Thanks.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I thought about replying before, but considering it's an idea that might not only not work, but might even be overkill if it does.

But since nobody replied...

1. make a recent backup with bootmii
    2. extract that backup
    3. add whatever stuff you want to add on there
    4. use giantpune's ohneswanzenegger to create a nand that contains whatever you just extracted+that stuff you added
    5. restore that created nand

Once again: this is overkill. And I strongly advice to at least test that created nand with sneek.

...oh...wait. Sorry...I forgot: the compatibility of the SD cards in sneek isn't that good (my uneek+DI RB3 works fine on it - even with the savegames - but it always starts by telling me that the SD card cannot be used). So...yeah, it's at best a gamble.

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

You could just pay for the songs you want instead of wasting hours of time coming up with hacky workarounds to get every last song, 90% of which you'll probably never play.

5. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

use uneek+di

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...does that even work? I mean...i've seen some threads about using uloader to get RB2 DLC to work (after a long loading time), but I'm not sure if that works on sneek (or uneek+di) as well. Or on RB3, for that matter.

EDIT: @tuedj: I don't think this is about getting all the songs. If not for anything else, then just for the fact that the wii doesn't have enough space on the nand to store all that stuff.

7. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    yeah rb3 works in uneek di i have a lot of songs i play from rb2 on my rb3 game

8. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

He's asking how to get the songs as .bin files on his SD card, without using an emulated NAND. If he's not being a pirate he could just buy/download the songs and the game does it for you.