Hacking Rock Band 3 Customs - Why is the game still hanging?!?

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to figure out, based on my own wiki, what I'm possibly doing wrong. I've checked all the data in the songs.dta files, and they seem to check out okay. Yet, something is still wrong.

So, I'm doing this on vWii, putting the songs on the SD, and running the game through USB Loader GX. I have the physical disc of RB3. I add a song, say "Roxanne" (thus, the "songname" values in the DTA and all referenced files would include "roxanne"), and check to make sure it has the full path, everything's correct, including the original song ID for it. I put it in RB3, and the Wii U hangs! I mess around until I rename every file and value as "rocksand" (but not the title of the song; it still is "Roxanne"), and now it works! Why? What was wrong with the "roxanne" value?

I'm having this same irritating problem with all the tracks in the AC/DC Live Track Pack, although it seems that no matter what I name each individual song, it still hangs! I'm using MahoppianGoon's DTA Editor from his Rock Band DLC Tools, as well as his OGG2MOGG to convert the fixed OGGs back to MOGGs, using the same song header for all of them. This would not make it hang, would it?

I'm at my wits end! I want to add AC/DC, but I can't seem to! Is it permanently broken? :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.