Rock Band 2 problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Sjaz, Aug 8, 2009.

Aug 8, 2009

Rock Band 2 problem by Sjaz at 12:24 AM (1,790 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Sjaz
    OP

Newcomer Sjaz Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Hey all,
    I'm having some problems with Rock Band 2 on my 4.0 PAL Wii. The game works just fine, that's not the problem, loading times are a bit long (much longer than Guitar Hero III), but it just plays fine. The thing is, I think the online part doesn't work. I'm playing an NTSC version of the game (I Downloaded it as an PAL ISO, but when I launch the game without some settings, the screens red, so I guess it's NTSC), and as I said, online doesn't seem to work. Whenever I connect to the internet in career/quickplay, nobody shows up for like 25 seconds, and I think that's just too long, or am I impatient?

Another problem, with the DLC store: I want to buy some DLC, but whenever I sellect a song, I get an error and it says that I have to contact EA. It's not my Wii - I have 560 blocks of free space, and it isn't my SD card either, that has like 6000 blocks free (2GB SD card). When I try a free song, and go to the download screen, the game says I don't have enough money/credit. Erhmm, the song is free, y'know? So there's seriously something wrong.

Tomorrow I'm going to try that DLC shop thing made by Hairy Ballsagna, which will flag all songs as purchased. But I want to buy the songs. Does anyone have this problem too? And is there a way to fix it? Thank you for your help!

BTW: I'm launching the game on a DISC-R with Neogamma 6 ios rev 14.

2. Rammoth

Member Rammoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The online parts don't work with an NTSC game on a PAL console.

The solution would be to make your shopping channel NTSC (which is required for a PAL console to work with the 'free dlc' patch anyhow). Directions on how to do this can be found elsewhere on this forum (the Rock Band DLC tools topic for example).

Good luck

3. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Ah, thank you very much =). I'm going to search for it tomorrow.

So, if I change my shopping channel to NTSC (is it hard?), I also could just PAY for the songs? Yes, I actually want to pay.

4. Rammoth

United States
    That's a good thing, though it will be a bit of a hassle to pay for it using the NTSC copy I believe.

Assuming you have homebrew on your Wii, no it isn't hard to change your wii shop region. All you pretty much have to do is DELETE your current shop account and just download allregionpatcher or changer, something like that. Then you choose the wii shop through that and set the region code to USA (region #49 from the top of my head, the number shows in the screen where you change it, so you can't go wrong on that).

The bad part is, you will lose everything you bought through the shop channel before using your EU account, though you can easily put things back through WADs (if you had anything you paid for and feel guilty for taking it for free through WADs, don't forget you already paid for it anyway).

Now the thing for buying stuff using the NTSC Nintendo Shop channel, is that you will have to obtain NTSC Wii Points cards etc. Maybe some other member can inform you better with that, I don't know much about how this works. I'd assume your credit card would work at all times, but when buying wii shop cards, there might be some website where you can pay to get the code you'll need to fill in, in order to obtain your points. It's a bit of a hassle really imo. Hopefully some other member can tell you more about that. Maybe this was only the case in the past and you can just use the EU cards, I really don't know.

Anyway, good luck!

5. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Thank you very much for your help.

So I pressume changing the Wii Shop Channel isn't hard at all. I'm going to do it in a second. I'd like to know, though, if it's also possible to fix the multiplayer part. For example, Excitebots did work online, while it was NTSC. Is there perhaps also a way to fix multiplayer online?

EDIT: I just found this program called WiiRegionFree. That is for patching ISOs. If I use that on my NTSC Rock Band 2 disc, it'll *magically* transform in a PAL disc, I guess? So I also guess that'll fix the multiplayer.

I can't find your program though. Is it a channel on the Wii?

EDIT 2: Okay, I have found this program called Any Region Changer. I watched the video, and with this program, it looks like you don't have to delete and reinstall the Wii Shop CHannel. Am I correct?

EDIT 3: Ok, a lot of errors. I changed shop channel to 49, reboot, start Shop Channel, blabla are you accepting, yes. Then I click do not link, wait a few seconds, and I get an error. I don't know the code, but something that I have to wait. Well, whatever. So now I am trying to install the wads for the Rock Band 2 shop channel (szae and szbe), but with both, I get the error ret 1022 in wad manager. I am now going to try it in wad manager 1.3, see if it works then. For installing, I selected ios 249. The autor of the program doesn't say anything about the ios. Does anyone know what this error is? I haven't had this before.

EDIT 4: Ok, it doesn't work either in Wad Manager 3. Now I get a ret -1 error! What is this?

6. Sjaz
    OP

Netherlands
    Ok, I am getting sick of this.
    My Wii Shop Channel is giving errors, I can't install WADS...
    I followed http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156702&hl= that guide, after all that, still no success. What do I have to do? Will downgrading solve these problems?

7. Rammoth

United States
    Hmm, let me see.

- First of all, I think only Rock Band 2 (and possibly Guitar Hero) won't work online with a different region game than your shop is. Meaning Exitebots and all that will still work.

- The ISO region changer won't help with the online problem, as it will still need the NTSC shop to connect to.

- Any Region Changer is indeed the program. The video might be a bit old, since in the past you didn't need to delete your account. Now you do. Otherwise it won't work.

- The wads for Rock Band 2 DLC NEED to get error 1022, so congrats on that. You installed them correctly [​IMG] They need error 1022 in order to work.

Now all that is left (I think) is getting your wii shop channel to work. Try deleting your account on your NTSC wii shop. If this doesn't work, change back to PAL Wii Shop, then delete your account and follow the steps to get an NTSC Wii Shop again. Make an account in there and you should be ready to rock (hopefully)