Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour Instruments?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by john.jingle, Jul 8, 2009.

1. john.jingle

Member john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Which instruments are better and which game has more support from the Wii Hacking community?
    GHWT instruments are getting a price drop of $100 so I'm kinda leaning towards that choice but the thing is that I heard that there must be a wiimote for each instrument, however, I only have one so there won't be any more than 1 person playing at a time. RB, on the other hand, only needs a single wiimote to start playing with more than 1 person. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

In addition, I know that there are some people who make their own RB and GH playset isos, but which game has the most support?
  2. ReverseFate

Newcomer ReverseFate Advanced Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Definitely take the GH: WT set, especially when its on a limited time sale. I only just managed to get myself a set on the last day of a sale at gamestop for $99, and I am quite satisfied with it.

In comparison to the Rock Band 2 set, the guitar in GH feels more smooth. On the drums, however, Rock Band takes the win. The difference between the two is actually very slim though, and both plays nicely either way. Due to personal preference, however, I prefer the GH Guitar and the Rock Band drums. Also the GH: WT set is more compatible with the various other GH games out there, which makes it more desirable. Software wise, Rock Band 2 is far superior, due to its smooth interface and DLC. But then again, if you are in the pirating scene, then the game itself shouldn't matter, as you will get both of them anyway.

As for your remote question, the GH set indeed requires an individual wiimote for each instrument, but I don't think it really matters that much. You could always just buy another wiimote. Not exactly sure how many wiimote the Rock Band set requires. From what I've seen, it uses the USB connection instead of the Wiimote, so for all I know, it shouldn't even need any wiimote at all.

But consider this, if you buy the GH:WT set at $100, and an extra Wiimote at $44, your total will be around $144. On the other hand, the Rock Band 2 set is around $180. You get the basic experience of gameplay from the Rock Band set but at a higher cost, and you don't even get an extra wiimote for other games.
  3. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2009
    The majority of people will say that Red Octane make the best instrument and I would have to agree with them. I am not saying that Harmonix instruments are bad but GH's are better.
  4. snesmaster40

Member snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The WT instruments will work with all the GH games and RB2 and RB:Classic Rock Pack. The RB2 instruments only work with RB2 and a few of the TPs. This problem is only on the Wii though (support for other instruments was patched on the other consoles)