Rock Band 2 Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by sonknuck23, Sep 19, 2010.

Sep 19, 2010

Rock Band 2 Issues by sonknuck23 at 5:20 AM (1,103 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    My issue is I'm playing Rock Band 2 from a USB HDD. Now, a while back I Had like, 70 DLC Songs. I Backed them all up to my PC. MONTHS later, I put them all on my SD Card, and now when I try to play any of them, it just sits on the loading screen. Also, when I Try and listen to the sample of the song, I just get silence.

Any ideas?!

2. vegemikee

Member vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Try reinstalling or updating the IOS RB2 uses? (I think 57 or 37, someone clear that up for me).
    If that doesn't work, try redumping RB2.
    IMO, your last resort would be redownloading all the DLC. But that should only be done if you're completely desperate and can't think of anything else.

From what I've experienced, the silence when waiting for a preview indicates something about songs with the 'out of date' error. That only happens when you download DLC via a backup loader, and then try load the DLC when playing the game through the disc channel, and vice versa.

3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    LONG STORY SHORT:

Can I play Rock Band 2 From my USB HDD and access the DLC on my SD Card? Or do I need to have a burnt copy.

4. vegemikee

Australia
    I'm not too sure on that. Last time I tried, it didn't work and spewed out a few errors. I've seen some people on these forums load DLC from an SD while using a USB loader via Waninkoko's IOS249 rev20, so you can give that a try. If not, your best bet is to buy the game or install DARKCORP aka cIOSCORP or a modchip.

5. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    k I'm gonna' try with cIOS 249 rev.20. I'll let you know what happens haha.

6. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Yeah I Used to have to use a burnt copy of the game but for reasons I Don't feel like discussing, I Can't burn a new copy right now. Ugh.

Anyway, the DLC still wont work. It's not actual DLC, they're songs imported from RB1.

7. netspy

Newcomer netspy Advanced Member

United States
    It's now possible to load Rock Band 2 using CFG Loader v59 or v60 with 223-mload (Hermes v5).
    You'll be able to use the DLC on the SD Card and you'll even be able to download from the store.

8. vegemikee

Australia
    Oh, I was wondering why RB2 was able to access my SDHC card when I loaded via CFG, however I'm loading via 224-mload v5.1 using base 57. Would it make a difference?

9. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    EDIT: It worked. INstalled the new Hermes cIOS and it worked.

Thanks, guys [​IMG]

10. netspy

Newcomer netspy Advanced Member

United States
    IOS223 (hermes v5.1, IOS37-based) is working fine with DLC on my 2GB SD card (SD, not SDHC, but as far as I know, Rock Band 2 is not compatible at all with SDHC cards), I didn't try 224-mload.