RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm using and NTSC game and NTSC instruments so that's not the problem..
But using a burnt disk of RB2 and Backup Loader Gamma 0.3 and it won't use the USB instruments. The Guitar Hero guitars work just fine (probably because they use the Wiimote) but the USB instruments don't work which mean I'm limited to just the guitar and I can't even use the Rock Band guitar..
So is there some way to fix this without having to burn a whole new disk?...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm....

I think this issue isn't so much with the guitars but with the USB connection. As far as I understand things, the common cIOS'es somehow revert all power into one slot (the outer one) so it has the best in- and output for USB loaders. The inner one can't be used in that case (for anything).

How the cIOS'es handle USB instruments in the outer slots while playing from disc...I don't know (I assume you tested both ports?).

I'm not going to comment on the guide, other than that it's an old one. As such, it doesn't mention later revisions of cIOS'es.

Now...I have an USB microphone I use in combination with configurable usb loader and Rock band 2. yes...it's a totally different intrument for a different loader on a different game , so I can't guarantee it'll help either. But it IS an USB instrument.

I got it to work by installing cIOS 249 rev 19 with a base IOS of 37.
hermes's cIOS 222/223/224 (v5) is also worth checking out. AFAIK, it only has decent compatibility with uloader, but it doesn't hurt to try it with backup loader gamma.

...by the way: did you try upgrading to neogamma? I'm not very familiar with the differences, but neogamma builds upon gamma.

Oh, and in case EVERYTHING fails...search for rawksd. It allows to export songs from (among others) rock band into rock band 2...which can be played with guitar hero guitars.

EDIT: sorry...I misread the title...I thought this was about rock band 1. My bad.
blush.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dude...that guide hasn't changed since december 2008. The more recent versions of Waninkoko's cIOS and Hermes's version 5 of his cIOS are at most a couple months old. Furthermore, the numbers are totally different than the one in the link you mentioned.

Still convinced they're the same cIOS?
In that case, I must inform you of the fact that the cIOS'es I mention come in installers that are pretty plain to follow and don't require all that sort of juggling with folders (the only thing you should look out for is the base IOS of Waninkoko's rev19...you want to use 37).

Oh, and a neogamma thread can be found here.

But do me a favor: do a search next time. In the same time you spend typing "Didn't know there was a neogamma. I assume theres a download here?", you could've gone to google and searched for "neogamma". It's the first hit.
wink.gif

RiderLeangle

OP
Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
Dude...that guide hasn't changed since december 2008. The more recent versions of Waninkoko's cIOS and Hermes's version 5 of his cIOS are at most a couple months old. Furthermore, the numbers are totally different than the one in the link you mentioned.

Still convinced they're the same cIOS?
In that case, I must inform you of the fact that the cIOS'es I mention come in installers that are pretty plain to follow and don't require all that sort of juggling with folders (the only thing you should look out for is the base IOS of Waninkoko's rev19...you want to use 37).

Oh, and a neogamma thread can be found here.

But do me a favor: do a search next time. In the same time you spend typing "Didn't know there was a neogamma. I assume theres a download here?", you could've gone to google and searched for "neogamma". It's the first hit.
wink.gif
Well.. I installed the waninkoko cIOS you linked.. And the RB1 instruments still didn't work..

Would you rather I just have said "OK..." or something? XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol