Hacking Rock Band 2 drums on Guitar Hero 5

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked across the internet, and haven't found any reports of someone else doing this. So I'll just put this up as a guide. This works for me, but I can't guarantee it'll work for you. I also take no responsibility for any damage done to your Wii

Step 1) download MulticIOS installer http://www.badongo.com/file/16888682 and Softchip http://merge.it/softchip

Step 2) Use MulticIOS installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 dip as IOS232

Step 3) Use Softchip to launch Guitar Hero 5

Step 4) ENJOY!

This also works to get Rock Band 2 running with USB instruments working

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using an IOS37-based cIOS to play Rock Band-style games supports USB instruments. GH5 supports RB2 drums. Neither of these is news.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
cactusjack901 said:
I've looked across the internet, and haven't found any reports of someone else doing this. So I'll just put this up as a guide. This works for me, but I can't guarantee it'll work for you. I also take no responsibility for any damage done to your Wii

Step 1) download MulticIOS installer http://www.badongo.com/file/16888682 and Softchip http://merge.it/softchip

Step 2) Use MulticIOS installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 dip as IOS232

Step 3) Use Softchip to launch Guitar Hero 5

Step 4) ENJOY!

This also works to get Rock Band 2 running with USB instruments working
Not sure what search engines you used but it could not be google as this was the first link that came up!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125495&st=0

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
Ive been using rock band drums on GH5 since GH5 came out..it's nothing special really, RB drums work on GH5 on an un-modded console as well

According to Harmonix, they don't... At least, not on the Wii. Then I discovered that by accident the other day, and haven't found anything about getting them to work in GH5 on the Wii, modded or not. Yeah it was the same method to get a backup of RB2 working on the Wii with USB instruments, but I figured it'd be useful to let people know that they work on GH5 as well.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cactusjack901 said:
Riicky said:
Ive been using rock band drums on GH5 since GH5 came out..it's nothing special really, RB drums work on GH5 on an un-modded console as well

According to Harmonix, they don't... At least, not on the Wii. Then I discovered that by accident the other day, and haven't found anything about getting them to work in GH5 on the Wii, modded or not. Yeah it was the same method to get a backup of RB2 working on the Wii with USB instruments, but I figured it'd be useful to let people know that they work on GH5 as well.

Yes that is true that Harmonix doesn't officaly state that the drums work on GH5, but they indeed do.

cactusjack901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Riicky said:
cactusjack901 said:
Riicky said:

Yes that is true that Harmonix doesn't offical state that the drums work on GH5, but they indeed do

Alright then, I was mistaken. Either way, useful knowledge for someone who wants to know if they work

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true
smile.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BinFairy said:
Does anyone know if it supports the drums from the first RB?
Or if it's just the drums from RB2?They support both. The RB1 and RB2 drums are more or less the same instrument when it comes to compatibility, as far as I know RB1 drums work on everything RB2 drums work on.

QUOTE(stingray1059 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:02 AM) can a ps3 usb drums work on wii?
Not until the RawkSD boys release a future version of RawkSD which will support PS2/PS3 instruments on Rock Band 2. Not sure if they plan on porting the tweak to other music games or if they will share the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: